Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Ledyard Adoption Lawyers - Connecticut
As members of a family-run law firm, the attorneys at Beebe and O'Neil in Norwich, Connecticut, promise to treat you like family as we work hard to help you resolve your legal issues and obtain the favorable outcomes you expect and deserve as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. Backed by decades of combined legal experience and unwavering commitment to see you through your difficult and...
The Pellegrino Law Firm is a general practice firm located just several blocks away from the New Haven Courthouses on the corner of Whitney Ave. and Willow Street. Founded as a solo practice by the late Bernard Pellegrino (1905-1984) in 1928, the Pellegrino Law Firm now enjoys a solid reputation of providing quality legal services to clients for over 75 years. Our attorneys have substantial...
At Chalumeau Law Group, LLC, our team of attorneys focuses on representing clients in Norwalk, Connecticut, with matters concerning child custody, child support, parenting plans, fathers' rights, settlement enforcement, modifications, legal separation, premarital agreements and property division. In addition, we have experience handling a wide range of situations, from simple divorce mediation and...
At Chalumeau Law Group, LLC, we represent couples and families in Stamford, Connecticut, with legal issues concerning divorce, legal separation, domestic violence, restraining orders, child custody and child support. From mediation and civil negotiations to aggressive courtroom litigation, our law firm understands that each case requires a unique approach. After we evaluate the specific details...
Need help with an Adoption issue?
You've come to the right place. Adoption lawyers not only help in gay adoptions and stepparent adoptions, but also when birthmothers give up a child, and adoptees look for birth parents.
Adoption lawyers can guide you through each step in the adoption process, procedural requirements for international adoptions, placing a child for adoption, and even assisted reproduction issues like surrogacy.
Use FindLaw to hire a local adoption lawyer to help resolve your adoption needs.
Need an attorney in Ledyard, Connecticut?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Ledyard, Connecticut attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.