Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Pontiac Agriculture Lawyers - Illinois
When attorney Ronald G. Klein entered the practice of law more than 50 years ago, his goal was to provide a wide range of high-quality legal services to individuals and businesses in Sycamore, DeKalb, and the surrounding communities of DeKalb County, Illinois. In the 1970’s, Mr. Klein partnered with James A. Stoddard and James R. Buck to form Klein, Stoddard, and Buck. Over the years the firm has...
Kopec, White & Spooner is a full-service law firm in Springfield, Illinois, with attorneys providing counsel and representation across a broad spectrum of practice areas, including: family law, divorce, child custody; business law, corporations, LLC's, contracts, sale or purchase of stock or assets of a business; franchise law; estate planning, wills, trusts, business succession planning;...
The law firm of Barry Hines, Attorney at Law, is located in Springfield, Illinois, and serves clients throughout southwestern Illinois in the areas of agricultural law and estate planning. I am attorney Barry Hines, and my law firm is dedicated to helping farmers and their families. I handle everything from buying and selling farms and tracts of land to oil leases and mineral rights. I grew up in...
Need help with an Agriculture Law matter?
Whether you are a horse breeder, farmer, rancher, landowner, or agricultural producer, an agriculture lawyer can help.
Agriculture lawyers assist with a broad range of matters involving crop-growing and livestock-raising, including farmland use, farming operations, employment, farming rights, pest control, pesticides and agricultural accidents.
Equine law is a common area of agriculture law that relates to horse breeders, boarding barns, trainers, horse-related businesses, horse event hosts and individual horse owners.
Use FindLaw to hire a local agriculture lawyer to assist with issues like equine law, government subsidization, and employment of seasonal and migrant farm workers.
Need an attorney in Pontiac, Illinois?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Pontiac, Illinois attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.