Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Garden City Assault & Battery -- Plaintiff Lawyers - Texas
If you have been charged with a crime, you may feel uncertain about your options and fearful about your future. From our law office in Midland, Texas, our team at Navarrete & Schwartz will work closely with you to evaluate your situation and craft a tailored legal strategy. Whether your case is best handled through negotiation or a jury trial, we are there to help you explore your options and...
The Law Offices of Phillips & King is based out of our location in Midland, Texas, from which we accept clients, by appointment only, who have serious and pressing legal issues involving any of the following practice areas: • Criminal defense for DUIs and DWIs, drug crimes, sex crimes, assault and battery, domestic violence and all other types of felonies and misdemeanors • Family...
Were you the victim of an Assault or Battery?
You've come to the right place. If you have been threatened with physical harm, hit, or otherwise touched when you didn't want to be, a civil assault and battery lawyer can help.
A civil assault and battery lawyer helps victims sue for money damages from the assailant.
Use FindLaw to hire a local civil assault and battery lawyer to get compensation for medical expenses, emotional distress, or pain and suffering.
Need an attorney in Garden City, Texas?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Garden City, Texas attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.