Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Kingsport Civil Rights Lawyers - Tennessee
The Law Office of Link A. Gibbons in Morristown, Tennessee, handles a wide range of legal issues for individuals and small businesses throughout East Tennessee. Attorney Link A. Gibbons has been practicing law for nearly a decade and is admitted in all state courts in Tennessee, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth (6th)...
Young Law Office, P.C. offers a wide range of employment, small business, and personal legal needs. We know that any legal matter can be challenging, and we want to make things as easy for you as possible. The primary firm focus is on the representation of individuals in employment matters. We have represented individuals on wage and hour issues, such as misclassification as an independent...
If you live in Knoxville, Tennessee, or any of the surrounding areas, and you have a serious and complex legal matter you need to address, you can turn to the legal professionals at the Lacy, Price & Wagner, P.C., law firm for the quality, effective and personalized legal counsel you deserve. Serving a diverse range of clients across the area, the attorneys at our law firm possess an...
Need help with a Civil Rights matter?
You've come to the right place. If you were the victim of police brutality, discrimination, or have had other constitutionally protected rights violated, a civil rights lawyer may be able to help.
Other examples of situations where there may be civil rights issues include, gay rights, hate crimes, and other violations against human rights.
Use FindLaw to hire a local civil rights lawyer to protect your rights or help you recover damages.
Need an attorney in Kingsport, Tennessee?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Kingsport, Tennessee attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.