Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Milwaukee Civil Rights Lawyers - Wisconsin
Helping business clients create and implement personalized strategies, we provide dedicated corporate counsel at JB Enterprises, SC, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Building relationships to last for the lifetimes of their companies, our law office offers sound advice and practical solutions to entrepreneurs and owners to help them operate and grow their businesses. We offer free initial consultations,...
We represent individuals in employment discrimination, sexual harassment, civil rights, police misconduct and retaliation cases. We have successfully fought for clients in cases the State, the federal government, municipalities, police officers, and large corporations such as Wal-Mart, Best Buy, PetSmart, Target, ShopKo, David's Bridal, Maurices, Home Depot, Denny's, and J. C. Penney. We are...
Dempsey Williamson Young Kelly & Hertel, established in 1849, is one of Wisconsin's oldest continuously operated law firms. Since its beginning, Dempsey Law has always provided the highest quality legal services in a skillful and efficient manner. Located in Oshkosh, we are a full service law firm comprised of skillful Wisconsin trial lawyers and experienced general practitioners representing...
Need help with a Civil Rights matter?
You've come to the right place. If you were the victim of police brutality, discrimination, or have had other constitutionally protected rights violated, a civil rights lawyer may be able to help.
Other examples of situations where there may be civil rights issues include, gay rights, hate crimes, and other violations against human rights.
Use FindLaw to hire a local civil rights lawyer to protect your rights or help you recover damages.
Need an attorney in Milwaukee, Wisconsin?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Milwaukee, Wisconsin attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.