Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Portland Civil Rights Lawyers - Oregon
Ross Law LLC provides dedicated, professional representation for personal injury, auto fraud and DUI cases. Based in Portland, Oregon, the law firm serves clients in Washington, Clackamas and Multnomah counties. The firm accepts a broad range of personal injury cases, including those pertaining to motor vehicle collisions and premises liability. Their auto fraud practice includes representation...
Our team at Graves & Swanson LLC is dedicated to compassionately representing individuals by providing strong advocacy and holistic services. From our Portland, Oregon, law office, we advocate for clients in family law, personal injury, victims' rights and employment law issues. Any of these situations could mean that someone's finances, relationships, or even physical or emotional health is...
Offering dedicated business and commercial law services, our team at the law firm of London & Paris, LLP, proudly serves clients throughout the Eugene area in Oregon. We handle a range of complex matters on behalf of clients in the cannabis, science and technology, and other industries, including those involving business organizations, administration issues, franchising, intellectual property,...
Need help with a Civil Rights matter?
You've come to the right place. If you were the victim of police brutality, discrimination, or have had other constitutionally protected rights violated, a civil rights lawyer may be able to help.
Other examples of situations where there may be civil rights issues include, gay rights, hate crimes, and other violations against human rights.
Use FindLaw to hire a local civil rights lawyer to protect your rights or help you recover damages.
Need an attorney in Portland, Oregon?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Portland, Oregon attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.