Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Westwego Civil Rights Lawyers - Louisiana
Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann LLP ("BLB&G") prosecutes class and private actions nationwide on behalf of individual and institutional clients. Since our founding in 1983, we have obtained many of the largest monetary recoveries in history and achieved precedent-setting corporate governance reforms on behalf of our clients. As a result of our accomplishments, the firm and our attorneys have...
If you need a multifaceted law firm in the Belle Chasse area, do not hesitate to contact Ballay, Braud & Colon, PLC. We have extensive experience guiding a broad array of clients through a wide range of practice areas, from personal injury to business formation. Since 1980, the law firm of Ballay, Braud & Colon, PLC, has garnered significant expertise in a variety of legal matters...
Established in 1994, the law firm of Carlton, Dunlap, Olinde Moore & Bohman, L.L.C. is a progressive and energetic firm with extensive trial litigation expertise in a wide variety of complex fields. Both founding members of the firm enjoy an AV rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory. The firm provides regular representation of its clients in state and federal courts, before...
Need help with a Civil Rights matter?
You've come to the right place. If you were the victim of police brutality, discrimination, or have had other constitutionally protected rights violated, a civil rights lawyer may be able to help.
Other examples of situations where there may be civil rights issues include, gay rights, hate crimes, and other violations against human rights.
Use FindLaw to hire a local civil rights lawyer to protect your rights or help you recover damages.
Need an attorney in Westwego, Louisiana?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Westwego, Louisiana attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.