Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Clayton Class Actions Lawyers - Missouri
The aftermath of an arrest for DWI can often feel like the lowest point in your life. You may feel embarrassed or ashamed and believe that the best thing you can do is quietly accept the consequences of a conviction. Regardless of the circumstances of your case, you still have rights and you should do everything in your power to protect those rights. At the Civella Law Firm, in Clayton, I have...
Here at the Law Office of John S. Wallach, P.C., in St. Louis, Missouri, we have more than 25 years of experience advocating on behalf of innocent accident victims and their families who are suffering from an accident caused by someone else's negligence. Serving clients throughout the greater St. Louis metro area, including all of Southwestern Illinois, our law firm's founder, attorney John S....
Accidents happen. But when rules are broken, and you are injured through no fault of your own, you are entitled to full compensation. The Bradley Law Firm, in Saint Louis, Missouri, is different from other personal injury law firms. We have a clear mission — to get you the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries and related losses, like medical costs and lost wages — from every available...
Donner Applewhite, Attorneys at Law, is an award-winning St. Louis law office founded in 2011 that is home to attorneys Steve Donner and Tom Applewhite. The partners were entrepreneurs before going into law. Their entrepreneurial experience gives them both unique perspectives and allows them to understand the challenges faced by their business clients from across the state of Missouri....
The attorneys at The Simon Law Firm, P.C. try cases and they do it well. The firm has extensive courtroom experience representing businesses and individuals in a wide range of cases. For business clients, The Simon Law Firm tries complex cases ranging from intellectual property to contract disputes. For individual clients, The Simon Law Firm helps those people and their families who have been...
The Law Offices of Gerald V. Tanner, Jr., in St. Louis, Missouri, helps accident victims get the compensation they deserve and defends the rights and liberties of those facing criminal charges. Proudly serving clients throughout the St. Louis area, the law firm offers personalized attention to clients in the following practice areas: Personal injury Car accidents Workers' compensation Criminal...
For the highest level of advocacy and support possible for your personal injury or wrongful death claim, you can turn to Schlapprizzi Attorneys at Law in St. Louis, Missouri, for help. Family owned and operated, our law firm has become the trusted source for those throughout the St. Louis metro region and the surrounding areas of Illinois who are struggling from the effects of an accident caused...
Providing Effective Legal Counsel In Jefferson City And Throughout Missouri The law firm of Newman, Comley & Ruth P.C. is a trusted legal resource for a wide range of practice areas. We represent private individuals and business owners in a broad range of practice areas, including employment law, and business and commercial law. If you need an experienced, knowledgeable attorney, contact our...
Class Action Lawyers Can Help
Whether you purchased a defective product, have been involved in an investment scheme or are experiencing mistreatment on the job, you may run into other people who have similar experiences. In these situations, a class action lawyer can help. If you and others have been injured or suffered a monetary loss due to an organization’s action, you can use the power of collective action (a class action lawsuit) to earn compensation.
What Is a Class Action?
A class-action lawsuit allows many people with the same claim – both those located in Clayton and nationwide – against an organization to act at the same time. Depending on the action, different people may have experienced different types of harm. They will be sorted into “classes” in the lawsuit.
Because of the size and complexity of class action lawsuits, not every law firm is equipped to handle them. We have assembled a list of law firms that are capable of handling these claims for you and others who have experienced the same type of harm.
Common Reasons For Class Action Lawsuits
- Financial crimes – Securities and investment fraud, including Ponzi schemes, are one of the most common reasons people seek collective action. Famous examples include Bernie Madoff and the Wells Fargo account fraud scandals.
- Dangerous drugs/health products – Prescription drugs, over the counter medication and medical devices can harm many people due to their widespread use to treat a variety of medical conditions. Examples include lawsuits related to talcum powder and opioids.
- Defective products – Many people can purchase a number of goods before they realize something is wrong. In 2010, Toyota was the defendant in a lawsuit related to defective airbags. Class action lawsuits can be an important step in improving product safety for consumers in the future.
- Employment actions – Employees may experience widespread discrimination, termination or wage theft. One employee missing a few hundred dollars on their paycheck may not make a viable lawsuit. However, many employees who have experienced the same thing can take action together.
- Environmental hazards – Many people can be harmed when an organization does not follow rules the related to the disposal of chemicals and other environmental hazards. For example, people who live along a river may use a class action lawsuit to recover damages due to a company dumping chemicals in the water.
- Civil rights violations – Businesses that do not accommodate people with disabilities or police departments that have engaged in racial profiling have been subject to class-action lawsuits in the past.
These and other types of class action claims can be further complicated when they are interwoven with issues such as the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic or other factors that can amplify the harm that people experience.
What Questions Should I Ask A Class Action Lawyer?
Not sure what to ask a class action attorney? Here are a few sample questions to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many class action cases have you handled?
- How much does a class action case cost?
- Where is your law office in Clayton located?
- What are the next steps?
Want To Check Lawyer Discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state.
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.