Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Lenox Class Actions Lawyers - Georgia
The Injury Lawyers Based in Macon, the law firm of Gautreaux Law, LLC, represents accident victims across Georgia. We are trial-ready advocates who are not afraid to confront the largest insurance company or the most imposing corporation to obtain justice and fair compensation for you. We won't settle your case for a lower amount simply so we can move on to the next client, treating you like...
At Deadwyler-Heuman Law Firm, LLC, their Macon criminal defense and immigration law attorney is dedicated to going the extra mile for clients who have been arrested or accused throughout the state of Georgia. Attorney Ashley Deadwyler-Heuman fights hard to protect the rights, future, and best interests of all her clients, no matter what they are facing. From drug crime and felony criminal defense,...
Since we were founded, Roden Law in Brunswick, Georgia, has been committed to helping victims of personal injury incidents navigate the claims process. We understand how overwhelming it is to deal with physical pain alone, much less the headache of paying for medical care and trying to figure out what the future looks like. The attorneys at our law firm are known for their compassionate approach...
If a personal injury leaves you unable to work, saddled with sky-high medical bills and in an immense amount of pain, Osteen Law Group, our Hinesville, Georgia, law firm, is ready to prepare a case designed to maximize your recovery. Due to our long-standing reputation for providing clients with focused, aggressive and unwavering support from the free initial consultation until the resolution of a...
As America's largest Injury Law Firm, we believe you deserve to have the best life, so our goal is to get you best results as quickly as possible. For over 30 years, Morgan & Morgan has been fighting for the people and has recovered over $7 billion dollars for our clients. We have the resources to take on the biggest bullies in America: insurance companies know who we are, and more...
Helping Clients Nationwide Pursue Full and Fair Compensation For more than 25 years, our attorneys at the Georgia personal injury law firm of Butler Wooten & Peak LLP have been dedicated to helping injured people, grieving families, and other individuals and businesses obtain full justice through our aggressive, sophisticated approach to litigation. Our results speak for themselves. We have...
When accidents happen, the attorneys at our Savannah law firm, Owens & Mulherin, are ready to help. The partners in our firm, Wilbur D. Owens III and Joseph A. Mulherin III, have years of experience as Georgia personal injury lawyers, along with long records of success for our clients, both of which lead the residents of the region to seek our assistance as they pursue compensation in cases...
In the blink of an eye, the actions of others can leave people struggling with severe injuries. At Roden Law we provide dedicated personal injury representation across the state of Georgia to achieve financial justice for those injured due to the negligence or recklessness of another. Since our founding in 2013, we have committed ourselves to seek the maximum compensation on behalf of clients in...
Attorney John Wright Jones founded our Savannah law firm, Jones, Boykin, & Associates, P.C. After his death in 2005, attorney Noble Boykin chose to continue the tradition for excellence that began so many years ago. Today, Mr. Boykin and our of-counsel attorney, Charles W. Snyder, work together as they represent injured victims and families from Chatham County and the surrounding areas in...
Class Action Lawyers Can Help
Whether you purchased a defective product, have been involved in an investment scheme or are experiencing mistreatment on the job, you may run into other people who have similar experiences. In these situations, a class action lawyer can help. If you and others have been injured or suffered a monetary loss due to an organization’s action, you can use the power of collective action (a class action lawsuit) to earn compensation.
What Is a Class Action?
A class-action lawsuit allows many people with the same claim – both those located in Lenox and nationwide – against an organization to act at the same time. Depending on the action, different people may have experienced different types of harm. They will be sorted into “classes” in the lawsuit.
Because of the size and complexity of class action lawsuits, not every law firm is equipped to handle them. We have assembled a list of law firms that are capable of handling these claims for you and others who have experienced the same type of harm.
Common Reasons For Class Action Lawsuits
- Financial crimes – Securities and investment fraud, including Ponzi schemes, are one of the most common reasons people seek collective action. Famous examples include Bernie Madoff and the Wells Fargo account fraud scandals.
- Dangerous drugs/health products – Prescription drugs, over the counter medication and medical devices can harm many people due to their widespread use to treat a variety of medical conditions. Examples include lawsuits related to talcum powder and opioids.
- Defective products – Many people can purchase a number of goods before they realize something is wrong. In 2010, Toyota was the defendant in a lawsuit related to defective airbags. Class action lawsuits can be an important step in improving product safety for consumers in the future.
- Employment actions – Employees may experience widespread discrimination, termination or wage theft. One employee missing a few hundred dollars on their paycheck may not make a viable lawsuit. However, many employees who have experienced the same thing can take action together.
- Environmental hazards – Many people can be harmed when an organization does not follow rules the related to the disposal of chemicals and other environmental hazards. For example, people who live along a river may use a class action lawsuit to recover damages due to a company dumping chemicals in the water.
- Civil rights violations – Businesses that do not accommodate people with disabilities or police departments that have engaged in racial profiling have been subject to class-action lawsuits in the past.
These and other types of class action claims can be further complicated when they are interwoven with issues such as the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic or other factors that can amplify the harm that people experience.
What Questions Should I Ask A Class Action Lawyer?
Not sure what to ask a class action attorney? Here are a few sample questions to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many class action cases have you handled?
- How much does a class action case cost?
- Where is your law office in Lenox located?
- What are the next steps?
Want To Check Lawyer Discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state.
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.