Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Nashville Class Actions Lawyers - Tennessee
As America's largest Injury Law Firm, we believe you deserve to have the best life, so our goal is to get you best results as quickly as possible. For over 30 years, Morgan & Morgan has been fighting for the people and has recovered over $7 billion dollars for our clients. We have the resources to take on the biggest bullies in America: insurance companies know who we are, and more...
Branstetter, Stranch and Jennings, PLLC has been providing consistent, diverse legal representation to its clients for over 50 years. We have been in Nashville, Tennessee since our founding in 1952, and we are proud to offer proven skills and trusted counsel, and a roster of award winning lawyers. Our founding partner has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America in three different practice...
Auto Accident Lawyers With More Than 75 Years of Experience Since 1975, Bart Durham Injury Law has aggressively protected the rights of a broad range of victims of personal injury in Kentucky and Tennessee. If you have seen your life interrupted by an injury on a highway, in a hospital, at your workplace or on unsafe property, you should let us do the work fighting for the full financial...
At the Law Office of Perry A. Craft, PLLC, in Nashville, Tennessee, our attorneys help visa holders, American citizens and their families pursue their individual goals as they pertain to immigration law. As a practice area that is always changing, matters of immigration require the skill and experience of an attorney experienced in handling the evolving legal landscape of U.S. immigration law....
From his law office near Winchester, Tennessee, Russell L. Leonard, Attorney at Law, provides the high-quality counsel people can trust for their most important and serious legal challenges. Serving clients throughout Franklin, Grundy, Marion, Coffee, Bedford, and Lincoln County and the surrounding areas of South Central Tennessee, Mr. Leonard advocates strongly on behalf of those dealing with...
At the law firm of William G. Colvin, the people of Chattanooga, Tennessee, find personal, trusted legal representation in a variety of legal matters. The firm's focus includes matters of wrongful death, personal injury, drugs and medical devices, construction accidents, class actions, construction law, and business law. The firm's attorney takes pride in the ability to remain firm and focused and...
From our law office in Chattanooga, Tennessee, the attorneys at Cavett, Abbott & Weiss, PLLC, provide unmatched representation to clients across our region who have legal needs involving any of the following: Criminal defense for all types of felonies, misdemeanors and traffic-related offenses, including DUI, drug crimes, violent crimes, domestic violence, gun crimes and more Personal injury...
Class Action Lawyers Can Help
Whether you purchased a defective product, have been involved in an investment scheme or are experiencing mistreatment on the job, you may run into other people who have similar experiences. In these situations, a class action lawyer can help. If you and others have been injured or suffered a monetary loss due to an organization’s action, you can use the power of collective action (a class action lawsuit) to earn compensation.
What Is a Class Action?
A class-action lawsuit allows many people with the same claim – both those located in Nashville and nationwide – against an organization to act at the same time. Depending on the action, different people may have experienced different types of harm. They will be sorted into “classes” in the lawsuit.
Because of the size and complexity of class action lawsuits, not every law firm is equipped to handle them. We have assembled a list of law firms that are capable of handling these claims for you and others who have experienced the same type of harm.
Common Reasons For Class Action Lawsuits
- Financial crimes – Securities and investment fraud, including Ponzi schemes, are one of the most common reasons people seek collective action. Famous examples include Bernie Madoff and the Wells Fargo account fraud scandals.
- Dangerous drugs/health products – Prescription drugs, over the counter medication and medical devices can harm many people due to their widespread use to treat a variety of medical conditions. Examples include lawsuits related to talcum powder and opioids.
- Defective products – Many people can purchase a number of goods before they realize something is wrong. In 2010, Toyota was the defendant in a lawsuit related to defective airbags. Class action lawsuits can be an important step in improving product safety for consumers in the future.
- Employment actions – Employees may experience widespread discrimination, termination or wage theft. One employee missing a few hundred dollars on their paycheck may not make a viable lawsuit. However, many employees who have experienced the same thing can take action together.
- Environmental hazards – Many people can be harmed when an organization does not follow rules the related to the disposal of chemicals and other environmental hazards. For example, people who live along a river may use a class action lawsuit to recover damages due to a company dumping chemicals in the water.
- Civil rights violations – Businesses that do not accommodate people with disabilities or police departments that have engaged in racial profiling have been subject to class-action lawsuits in the past.
These and other types of class action claims can be further complicated when they are interwoven with issues such as the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic or other factors that can amplify the harm that people experience.
What Questions Should I Ask A Class Action Lawyer?
Not sure what to ask a class action attorney? Here are a few sample questions to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many class action cases have you handled?
- How much does a class action case cost?
- Where is your law office in Nashville located?
- What are the next steps?
Want To Check Lawyer Discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state.
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.