Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Prattville Class Actions Lawyers - Alabama
At the law office of Joe M. Reed & Associates, LLC, in Montgomery, Alabama, we are fully prepared to help you with all of the serious and complex civil and criminal matters affecting your life. Serving clients throughout the state, the attorneys at our law firm possess more than 16 years of legal experience, and we have achieved notable success advocating on behalf of those who are dealing...
At The Law Office of Dwayne L. Brown in Montgomery, Alabama, we are fully prepared to help you obtain the maximum amount of compensation for the injuries and losses you suffered as the result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing. In addition to handling all types of personal injury and wrongful death claims, our law firm also provides exceptional representation in criminal defense and...
I am attorney Michael Kelly, and from my law office in Montgomery, Alabama, Michael W. Kelley, II, Attorney at Law, I strive to provide the highest level of advocacy and support to those who suffered an injury or lost a loved one as the result of someone else's negligent, careless or unlawful actions. In addition to handling all types of personal injury and wrongful death claims, my law firm...
Dedicated to personal injury, the law firm of Maridi Huggins Law, LLC, assists clients in Birmingham, Alabama. The firm handles personal injury cases, including brain injuries, birth injuries, railroad worker injuries and animal bites. Maridi Huggins commits to matters that involve injuries or illnesses due to the fault of an individual or organization, such as from mesothelioma, nursing...
At the Vestavia Hills law firm of McCallum Hoaglund & Irby, LLP, we handle straightforward and complex legal matters involving a large number of different issues for both individual and business clients throughout the state of Alabama. Always, however, our goals remain the same: provide each client with exemplary legal representation in every respect, and with the personal attention,...
The car and truck accident attorneys at Hollis, Wright, Clay & Vail, PC, have been successfully representing injured individuals for decades. Our attorneys have achieved some of the largest settlements and verdicts in the State of Alabama for individuals killed or injured in motor vehicle accidents. Our law firm commits considerable financial and investigative resources towards every...
As America's largest Injury Law Firm, we believe you deserve to have the best life, so our goal is to get you best results as quickly as possible. For over 30 years, Morgan & Morgan has been fighting for the people and has recovered over $7 billion dollars for our clients. We have the resources to take on the biggest bullies in America: insurance companies know who we are, and more...
We do one thing: civil litigation – primarily complex business, financial and class action litigation. We don’t draft wills, lobby Congress, give tax advice, defend DUIs, draft shopping center leases or negotiate collective bargaining agreements. No divorces. Instead, our cases typically involve accounting issues, business valuations, shareholder control fights, derivative actions,...
At the law office of Farris, Riley & Pitt in Birmingham, Alabama, we are fully committed to helping you obtain the justice you deserve for the serious injuries and losses you sustained as the result of someone else's negligent, careless or unlawful actions. Serving plaintiff clients throughout the Greater Birmingham metro area and all across the state, our attorneys possess decades of combined...
The law firm of Badham & Buck, LLC, is composed of experienced, versatile trial attorneys who specialize in complex civil litigation representing both plaintiffs and defendants. We have cases pending in courtrooms in Birmingham, Alabama, and throughout the southeastern United States. Our primary areas of practice are commercial disputes, business torts and catastrophic personal injury claims....
Our team at Steele Law, LLC, is known for compassion and knowledge in handling plaintiff claims involving special education children in Monroeville, Alabama, as well as throughout Monroe County. At our law firm, we are dedicated to the rights of all children regarding their education. We are prepared to passionately defend those who were treated unfairly by teachers, school administrators or other...
The law firm of Urech, Livaudais & Wade, PC is located in Daleville, Alabama, with two attorneys in the firm. They provide a broad range of legal services to individuals and business clients throughout Southeast Alabama to include Fort Rucker, Enterprise, Ozark and Dothan, as well as the rest of the state of Alabama. General litigation practice - accident and personal injury, family law -...
Here at the law firm of Morris, Cary, Andrews, Talmadge & Driggers, LLC, we understand how devastating serious injuries can be to your life. Even if you achieve a full recovery, your future may be altered forever. For this reason, our mission is to provide you with compassionate, competent and exceptional representation in the pursuit of the compensation you deserve. Our record of...
Class Action Lawyers Can Help
Whether you purchased a defective product, have been involved in an investment scheme or are experiencing mistreatment on the job, you may run into other people who have similar experiences. In these situations, a class action lawyer can help. If you and others have been injured or suffered a monetary loss due to an organization’s action, you can use the power of collective action (a class action lawsuit) to earn compensation.
What Is a Class Action?
A class-action lawsuit allows many people with the same claim – both those located in Prattville and nationwide – against an organization to act at the same time. Depending on the action, different people may have experienced different types of harm. They will be sorted into “classes” in the lawsuit.
Because of the size and complexity of class action lawsuits, not every law firm is equipped to handle them. We have assembled a list of law firms that are capable of handling these claims for you and others who have experienced the same type of harm.
Common Reasons For Class Action Lawsuits
- Financial crimes – Securities and investment fraud, including Ponzi schemes, are one of the most common reasons people seek collective action. Famous examples include Bernie Madoff and the Wells Fargo account fraud scandals.
- Dangerous drugs/health products – Prescription drugs, over the counter medication and medical devices can harm many people due to their widespread use to treat a variety of medical conditions. Examples include lawsuits related to talcum powder and opioids.
- Defective products – Many people can purchase a number of goods before they realize something is wrong. In 2010, Toyota was the defendant in a lawsuit related to defective airbags. Class action lawsuits can be an important step in improving product safety for consumers in the future.
- Employment actions – Employees may experience widespread discrimination, termination or wage theft. One employee missing a few hundred dollars on their paycheck may not make a viable lawsuit. However, many employees who have experienced the same thing can take action together.
- Environmental hazards – Many people can be harmed when an organization does not follow rules the related to the disposal of chemicals and other environmental hazards. For example, people who live along a river may use a class action lawsuit to recover damages due to a company dumping chemicals in the water.
- Civil rights violations – Businesses that do not accommodate people with disabilities or police departments that have engaged in racial profiling have been subject to class-action lawsuits in the past.
These and other types of class action claims can be further complicated when they are interwoven with issues such as the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic or other factors that can amplify the harm that people experience.
What Questions Should I Ask A Class Action Lawyer?
Not sure what to ask a class action attorney? Here are a few sample questions to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many class action cases have you handled?
- How much does a class action case cost?
- Where is your law office in Prattville located?
- What are the next steps?
Want To Check Lawyer Discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state.
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.