Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Universal City Class Actions Lawyers - Texas
Based in Dallas, Texas, The Roper Firm's guiding principle is to pursue cases that have a positive impact on society by advocating on behalf of classes of consumers, employees, and others whose legal rights have been denied. The Roper Firm represents plaintiffs in statewide and nationwide class actions and multi-party complex litigation in federal and state courts, focusing on consumer rights,...
When people in Texas are severely injured or suffer catastrophic death from a brain injury, birth injury, or in 18-wheeler trucking accidents, Mauzé Law Firm is committed to pursuing justice on their behalf to recover compensation for all of their losses. Serving clients throughout Texas, our law firm has successfully obtained numerous million-dollar and multimillion-dollar settlements and...
When you need to assert your legal rights, you can rely on the client-focused service and tireless representation that you will find at Alex R. Hernandez PLLC Attorneys at Law. Whether it be a personal injury matter, a car wreck, an 18 wheeler collision, a tire defect, motorcycle accident or a pharmaceutical product injury, our personal injury lawyers can help you with your legal needs anywhere...
At David E. Wheeler, P.C., in San Antonio, Texas, we guide families, military members and individuals through complicated legal matters such as divorce, criminal charges and personal injury. Our law office handles a range of issues that include the following: Military Law: Military Divorce, court-Martial defense, administrative board hearings, correction of military records, discharge...
Attorneys Hayden Briggle and Parker Polan are trial lawyers at the Austin law office of Briggle & Polan, PLLC. Our founders established their law office in order to provide high-quality legal representation to injured accident victims in Travis County, Texas, and the surrounding areas. If you need help, you can count on receiving professional and dedicated service from the lawyers at Briggle...
Ellwanger Law is here to protect your rights and defend them when it is needed most. Based in Texas, we help employees across the country in cases related to employment discrimination, wage and hour disputes, and civil rights actions. The attorneys at our law firm are passionate about justice, and we have extensive histories of protecting and fighting for the civil rights of others. We do not stop...
A nationally acclaimed law firm, Baron & Budd has a more than 35-year history of protecting what's right for consumers and entities in Austin, Texas, and elsewhere. The firm was one of the first to successfully handle an asbestos and mesothelioma lawsuit and continues to fight on behalf of mesothelioma patients today. Last year, the firm even achieved the highest mesothelioma verdict in the...
The Law Office of Tony A. Pitts, located in Round Rock, Texas, is a civil litigation and probate law firm. At our law firm, we believe in providing quality legal representation and dependable and accessible client service. The civil litigation representation that we offer is for either the plaintiff or the defendant in civil lawsuits related to consumer protection, creditor and debtor disputes and...
Offering dedicated personal injury representation to clients throughout the Bryan, Texas, area, our team at the law firm of Brian C. Gutierrez, PLLC, is committed to helping those injured through no fault of their own to achieve financial justice. Taking a hands-on approach, our founding attorney provides personal attention and customized guidance. For the convenience of those we represent, our...
Class Action Lawyers Can Help
Whether you purchased a defective product, have been involved in an investment scheme or are experiencing mistreatment on the job, you may run into other people who have similar experiences. In these situations, a class action lawyer can help. If you and others have been injured or suffered a monetary loss due to an organization’s action, you can use the power of collective action (a class action lawsuit) to earn compensation.
What Is a Class Action?
A class-action lawsuit allows many people with the same claim – both those located in Universal City and nationwide – against an organization to act at the same time. Depending on the action, different people may have experienced different types of harm. They will be sorted into “classes” in the lawsuit.
Because of the size and complexity of class action lawsuits, not every law firm is equipped to handle them. We have assembled a list of law firms that are capable of handling these claims for you and others who have experienced the same type of harm.
Common Reasons For Class Action Lawsuits
- Financial crimes – Securities and investment fraud, including Ponzi schemes, are one of the most common reasons people seek collective action. Famous examples include Bernie Madoff and the Wells Fargo account fraud scandals.
- Dangerous drugs/health products – Prescription drugs, over the counter medication and medical devices can harm many people due to their widespread use to treat a variety of medical conditions. Examples include lawsuits related to talcum powder and opioids.
- Defective products – Many people can purchase a number of goods before they realize something is wrong. In 2010, Toyota was the defendant in a lawsuit related to defective airbags. Class action lawsuits can be an important step in improving product safety for consumers in the future.
- Employment actions – Employees may experience widespread discrimination, termination or wage theft. One employee missing a few hundred dollars on their paycheck may not make a viable lawsuit. However, many employees who have experienced the same thing can take action together.
- Environmental hazards – Many people can be harmed when an organization does not follow rules the related to the disposal of chemicals and other environmental hazards. For example, people who live along a river may use a class action lawsuit to recover damages due to a company dumping chemicals in the water.
- Civil rights violations – Businesses that do not accommodate people with disabilities or police departments that have engaged in racial profiling have been subject to class-action lawsuits in the past.
These and other types of class action claims can be further complicated when they are interwoven with issues such as the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic or other factors that can amplify the harm that people experience.
What Questions Should I Ask A Class Action Lawyer?
Not sure what to ask a class action attorney? Here are a few sample questions to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many class action cases have you handled?
- How much does a class action case cost?
- Where is your law office in Universal City located?
- What are the next steps?
Want To Check Lawyer Discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state.
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.