Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Independence Collaborative Lawyers - Missouri
Stange Law Firm, PC offers divorce and family law attorneys who are dedicated to providing their clients with quality legal guidance. The matters that our legal team can assist in include: divorce, high asset divorce, prenuptial agreements, legal separation, child support, child custody, domestic violence, grandparent visitation rights, and other related matters. Our law firm prides ourselves in...
At The Backer Law Firm in Independence, Missouri, we are fully prepared to help you protect your rights and find the positive outcomes you seek for the serious and complex legal issues affecting your life, your livelihood and your future. Serving clients throughout the greater Kansas City metro area, including all of Jackson, Clay, Cass, Platte, Johnson and Wyandotte counties, our law firm's...
When facing the confusing and painful process of divorce, it is important to have an attorney on your side who cares as much as you do about the outcome of your case. Located in Liberty, Missouri, Larry Swall of Gates Shields Ferguson Swall Hammond P.A. is recognized as a leader in divorce and family law representation throughout the Kansas City metro area and surrounding communities. We represent...
Dougan Law Firm, LLC, based in the Northland of Kansas City, Missouri, provides professional representation to clients facing a wide array of legal matters. This full-service law firm offers advice and counsel for family law issues, guardianships, wills, traffic tickets, misdemeanor criminal offenses, landlord-tenant issues and collections matters. Attorney Jennifer J. Dougan practices in Clay,...
Need help with a Collaborative Law matter?
You've come to the right place. If you are committed to resolving your dispute in a constructive and reasoned atmosphere, a collaborative lawyer can help you.
Collaborative law, also known as divorce mediation, is a results-focused, out-of-court process used to resolve disputes - usually divorce and other related property, child custody, and support issues.
Use FindLaw to hire a local collaborative law lawyer to help you navigate through a collaborative divorce.
Need an attorney in Independence, Missouri?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with an Independence, Missouri attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.