Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Ogunquit Collaborative Lawyers - Maine
At Shankman & Associates in Topsham, Maine, our law firm is proud to offer affordable, accessible and approachable legal services in a wide range of areas, including all aspects of divorce and family law such as custody and child support, parental rights and responsibilities, spousal support, division of assets, mediation, adoption and domestic violence. Our three convenient locations in...
In 2014, attorneys Judith Andrucki and Mara King formed Andrucki & King Law Offices in Lewiston, Maine. Focusing primarily on a single area of law, our lawyers provide uncompromised support, genuine care and exceptional legal representation when it comes to family law services. We attentively and compassionately represent families, couples and individuals who are dealing with divorce and other...
Shankman & Associates in Lewiston, Maine, is the home office of this general practice law firm that handles all types of legal issues from Family Law to Personal Injury to Workers' Compensation. Our one additional location is in Topsham, and we serve clients throughout Androscoggin, Cumberland and Sagadahoc counties. Serving Our Community For Over 35 Years Neil Shankman, the founder of our law...
FIRM PROFILE This office concentrates in all areas of family law and probate matters. In the District Court Courts we primarily handle divorces, parental rights and responsibilities actions, child support, spousal support, child custody, and protective orders. In the Probate Courts we handle estate administration, guardianship, conservatorship and adoptions. Our...
Need help with a Collaborative Law matter?
You've come to the right place. If you are committed to resolving your dispute in a constructive and reasoned atmosphere, a collaborative lawyer can help you.
Collaborative law, also known as divorce mediation, is a results-focused, out-of-court process used to resolve disputes - usually divorce and other related property, child custody, and support issues.
Use FindLaw to hire a local collaborative law lawyer to help you navigate through a collaborative divorce.
Need an attorney in Ogunquit, Maine?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with an Ogunquit, Maine attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.