Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Franklin County, GA: Criminal Defense Lawyers, Attorneys and Law Firms
At Black Law Offices, LLC, we represent people throughout Northeast Georgia in a wide variety of criminal, DUI and traffic matters. Facing the consequences of criminal charges is stressful. Attorney Sean Black will listen as you share the circumstances of your case, offer practical advice and help to develop a strategy for resolving your matter quickly and cost-effectively. With an...
The Berelc Law Firm, P.C., is a general practice firm located in Lavonia, Georgia. We offer a wide range of services aimed at protecting individuals and their families in their times of need. Serving residents throughout North Georgia, including in Franklin and Hart counties, our law firm proudly represents those with legal needs in the following practice areas: Personal injury Auto accidents...
The Georgia criminal defense attorneys at Abt Law Firm, LLC have over 24 years of experience providing aggressive representation to those accused of a crime. Facing criminal charges is a serious situation for anyone. We know that every story has two sides and make sure the court hears our clients' version of events. After over 2,500 cases, we are proud to be the positive force of change that each...
At the law firm of McClure, Ramsay, Dickerson & Escoe, LLP, we provide dedicated personal injury guidance and counsel to people in Toccoa and throughout north Georgia. When people are injured as a result of the negligent, careless or illegal actions of others, our law firm strives to help them hold the at-fault parties accountable. We pursue financial justice on behalf of clients in cases...
Facing Criminal charges?
You've come to the right place. Whether you were arrested for a crime against a person (like assault and battery or murder), a crime against property (like shoplifting, burglary, or arson), or any other criminal offense, a criminal defense attorney can help.
Use FindLaw to hire a local criminal law attorney near you to defend your rights at each stage of a misdemeanor or felony case -- from an arrest to an appeal after conviction.
Need an attorney in Franklin County, Georgia?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Franklin County, Georgia attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located near you?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.