Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Livingston Criminal Defense Lawyers - Montana
You have a choice when seeking the services of a lawyer to handle your case. People throughout Montana choose our law firm, Gregory Paul Johnson, P.C., because we have more than 35 years of legal experience and offer individualized attention and a caring approach that make navigating the legal system an easier, less stressful experience. A Different Client Experience That Begins The Moment You...
The Woodward Law Firm, PLLC located in Billings, Montana, represents and defends the rights of those in need throughout the State of Montana, including Billings, Bozeman, Missoula, Great Falls and other cities around the state. A dynamic team of trial lawyers, we at Woodward Law Firm have the necessary experience and knowledge to provide a robust criminal defense, guide you through a difficult...
Our attorneys possess sterling academic credentials, strong community ties, and a deep commitment to your success. They speak "plain English." They demonstrate the strictest personal and professional ethics. Above all, they are passionately committed to the needs of our clients. We utilize state-of the-art technology and cost-effective methods to provide services in a timely,...
Facing Criminal charges?
You've come to the right place. Whether you were arrested for a crime against a person (like assault and battery or murder), a crime against property (like shoplifting, burglary, or arson), or any other criminal offense, a criminal defense attorney can help.
Use FindLaw to hire a local criminal law attorney near you to defend your rights at each stage of a misdemeanor or felony case -- from an arrest to an appeal after conviction.
Need an attorney in Livingston, Montana?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Livingston, Montana attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located near you?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.