Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
King County, WA: Child Custody Lawyers, Attorneys and Law Firms
With a history that dates back to 1977, the law firm of Anderson, Fields, McIlwain & Eubanks, Inc., P.S., in Seattle, Washington, has served the families of King County and the surrounding areas for more than 40 years. During that time, we have become the area's premier law firm for family law, and we strive to provide the highest level of representation and support possible to those who are...
For comprehensive family law representation, turn to the Law Office of Lisa Clark. My law firm is dedicated to helping families in Seattle, Washington, and the surrounding areas, including King and Snohomish counties. I am a solo attorney who will go above and beyond to ensure that my clients obtain the best possible results to their legal problems. My practice is 100 percent dedicated to family...
At Lutz & Associates, P.S., in Tacoma, Washington, our attorneys focus exclusively on family law. Why? We know that when our clients face a divorce or other family law issue or dispute, their lives become highly stressful. Consequently, our law firm's attorneys see it as our duty and our privilege to minimize our clients' stress to the greatest extent possible while resolving their issues in...
Need help with Custody & Visitation matter?
You've come to the right place. If you are a divorcing or unmarried parent a custody and visitation lawyer can help resolve legal and physical custody issues involving your children.
Use FindLaw to hire a local custody and visitation lawyer near you to assist with establishing parenting agreements and visitation schedules -- of parents and grandparents -- custody modifications, and termination of parental rights.
Need an attorney in King County, Washington?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a King County, Washington attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located near you?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.