Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Spearfish Child Custody Lawyers - South Dakota
At George Nelson Law Office in Rapid City, South Dakota, each client receives personal attention from a trial-proven lawyer with substantial experience in the areas of personal injury claims, family law and DUI defense. Facing a pressing legal matter is a stressful experience. Attorney George Nelson is a family man who has compassion for our valued clients. You deserve to have a lawyer in your...
At the Pasqualucci Law Office in Rapid City, South Dakota, we are ready to help you with the important legal challenges affecting your life, your family, your business and your future. Serving clients throughout Pennington and Meade counties and the surrounding areas, we are here when you need us the most, and we promise to do whatever we can to help you resolve your conflicts and to find the...
Need help with Custody & Visitation matter?
You've come to the right place. If you are a divorcing or unmarried parent a custody and visitation lawyer can help resolve legal and physical custody issues involving your children.
Use FindLaw to hire a local custody and visitation lawyer near you to assist with establishing parenting agreements and visitation schedules -- of parents and grandparents -- custody modifications, and termination of parental rights.
Need an attorney in Spearfish, South Dakota?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Spearfish, South Dakota attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located near you?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.