Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Belleville Discrimination Lawyers - Illinois
At the Belleville, Illinois The Law Office of Van-Lear P. Eckert, PC , our practice areas include criminal defense, DUI and traffic violation defense, personal injury, family law and more. Our services are available to people throughout Southern Illinois who are faced with a legal challenge and want a law firm they can trust. Our clients' trust is important to us. We earn it through honesty and...
Guiding people through life's legal challenges, we offer criminal defense, personal injury, family law and estate planning services at the law office of Laninya A. Cason in Belleville, Illinois. We work to help people reach efficient and effective resolutions to the various legal issues that life may put in their path, so they and their families can focus on moving forward. For the convenience of...
Victim of Discrimination?
You've come to the right place. If you feel you were discriminated against or given unequal treatment based on race, gender, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation or religion, a discrimination lawyer can help.
Discrimination can arise in a number of settings -- including employment, housing, lending, and education.
Use FindLaw to hire a local discrimination lawyer to ensure you are treated equally.
Need an attorney in Belleville, Illinois?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Belleville, Illinois attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.