Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Chicago Divorce Lawyers - Illinois
Facing Divorce or Legal Separation in Chicago?
Wherever you are in the divorce process, a Chicago divorce lawyer can help. Divorce attorneys are experienced with Illinois state laws governing property settlements, child visitation rights, spousal support, and more. Chicago divorce law firms in Wrigleyville, Lincoln Park, or elsewhere in Cook County can help relieve some of the stress surrounding ending your marriage through divorce. Use FindLaw to identify a Chicago divorce to help resolve your Illinois divorce.
Need an attorney in Chicago, Illinois?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Chicago, Illinois attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located near you?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.
Court Locations in Chicago, Il
Chicago, IL 60602
Chicago, IL 60608
Chicago, IL 60602