Morris County, NJ: Divorce Lawyers, Attorneys and Law Firms
Weinberger Divorce & Family Law Group is a team of New Jersey divorce specialists and family law experts dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of protection and peace of mind. With a focus on divorce, high net worth divorce, child custody, adoption, mediation, and other family law matters, we are committed to our mission of: Safeguarding Your Rights. Safeguarding Your...
The family law firm of Laufer, Dalena, Jensen, Bradley & Doran, LLC, provides experienced and dedicated representation throughout Morris County. We are among the most established law firms in Northern New Jersey and we are widely recognized for our ability to handle complex issues related to divorce, custody pre-nuptial agreements, domestic partnerships, annulments, relocation and adoptions....
From her law office in East Hanover, New Jersey, attorney Tanya L. Freeman devotes her practice to helping families facing tough and emotional legal challenges. With an additional law office in Jersey City, Ms. Freeman represents clients throughout Morris, Hudson, Union, Passaic and Bergen counties who seek top-notch, effective counsel and advocacy for their legal matters involving any of the...
Facing Divorce or Legal Separation?
You've come to the right place. If you are considering an annulment, legal separation, or divorce, a divorce lawyer can help.
Use FindLaw to hire a local divorce lawyer near you to work with you on issues like community property division, debt allocation, child custody and support, alimony, and tax considerations.
Need an attorney in Morris County, New Jersey?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Morris County, New Jersey attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located near you?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.