Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Suffolk County, NY: Divorce Lawyers, Attorneys and Law Firms
With over 40 years of combined experience, Francine H. Moss, Esq. and Stephanie Judd, Esq. are here to serve your legal needs. Whether your matter involves a divorce or separation; issues of custody, child support, spousal support, equitable distribution, child abuse or neglect, paternity, adoption of children or other family law matters, we will handle your case with care and sensitivity, while...
From our law office in Bayport, New York, the dedicated legal professionals at Heather A. Fig Attorney at Law, P.L.L.C, provide unmatched representation and support to clients throughout Suffolk County, across Long Island and the surrounding areas who are going through a divorce or have some other serious family law matters they need to address. Over the course of our history, we have achieved...
Focusing solely on matrimonial and family law, the Petroske Riezenman & Meyers, P.C., law firm in Hauppauge, New York, offers a full range of legal services to help families navigate their toughest and most sensitive legal challenges. Serving Suffolk and Nassau counties and all of Long Island, the attorneys at our law firm deliver compassionate, dependable representation to those with legal...
Tabat, Cohen, Blum, Yovino & Diesa, PC focuses solely on matrimonial and family law and has offices in Hauppauge and Garden City. With experienced attorneys and a highly qualified support staff, clients receive expert legal advice and responsive representation on all cases, including complex custody, equitable distribution and support matters. Serving individuals and families throughout...
Facing Divorce or Legal Separation?
You've come to the right place. If you are considering an annulment, legal separation, or divorce, a divorce lawyer can help.
Use FindLaw to hire a local divorce lawyer near you to work with you on issues like community property division, debt allocation, child custody and support, alimony, and tax considerations.
Need an attorney in Suffolk County, New York?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Suffolk County, New York attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located near you?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.