Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Placitas Domestic Violence Lawyers - New Mexico
Your Criminal Case Deserves Skilled Legal Representation At Frechette & Associates, PC, in Albuquerque, New Mexico, our attorneys have more than 50 years of combined experience representing individuals facing criminal charges. We have experience representing clients throughout the metro area and in Bernalillo, Taos, Sandoval, Santa Fe and Los Alamos counties. We have handled more...
An Experienced Family Lawyer You Can Trust With over 30 years of experience handling family law cases, attorney Dorene A. Kuffer and her team of talented lawyers and paralegals are representing clients in Albuquerque, Santa Fe and throughout New Mexico, delivering the superior legal services that you and your family need. There is simply no substitute for experience! The firm practices...
Santa Fe-based attorney John W. Day represents professionals who find themselves in difficult situations that require skilled and seasoned representation. He has a reputation for compassion, dedication and vigilance in providing powerful legal defenses. Specific areas of his practice include: Criminal defense Civil litigation Government misconduct Civil rights John W. Day understands the stakes...
Were you the victim of Domestic Violence?
You've come to the right place. If you’ve been abused by somebody close to you, an experienced domestic violence attorney can help.
Domestic violence can include many types of abuse including spousal abuse and other types of family abuse or dating abuse. Domestic violence can also include emotional abuse as well as physical abuse.
Use FindLaw to hire a local domestic violence lawyer near you who can help recover money and other damages for injuries caused by domestic violence against you.
Need an attorney in Placitas, New Mexico?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Placitas, New Mexico attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located near you?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.