Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Thetford Center Domestic Violence Lawyers - Vermont
Cristman Law Office, PLLC represents clients in Saint Albans, Burlington and throughout Northern Vermont in criminal defense and personal injury claims. The law firm combines experience and knowledge with a zealous, aggressive approach to protecting clients' interests. William V. Cristman, Attorney at Law, understands the seriousness of the charges you are facing or the personal injuries you have...
Were you the victim of Domestic Violence?
You've come to the right place. If you’ve been abused by somebody close to you, an experienced domestic violence attorney can help.
Domestic violence can include many types of abuse including spousal abuse and other types of family abuse or dating abuse. Domestic violence can also include emotional abuse as well as physical abuse.
Use FindLaw to hire a local domestic violence lawyer near you who can help recover money and other damages for injuries caused by domestic violence against you.
Need an attorney in Thetford Center, Vermont?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Thetford Center, Vermont attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located near you?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.