Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Camden Education Lawyers - New Jersey
The laws that govern civil appeals, criminal appeals and education-related disputes are complex and often difficult to understand. Asselta Law specializes in guiding clients through these confusing legal issues while aggressively protecting their interests. Founding attorney Richard Asselta has over 16 years of legal experience, and he works closely with each client to understand what is at stake...
Founded in 1876, Capehart Scatchard is one of the oldest law firms, and oldest businesses, in New Jersey. A full-service, diversified law firm of more than 85 attorneys practicing in offices throughout New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New York, Capehart Scatchard diligently serves the transaction and litigation needs of insurance companies, banks, large and small businesses, public entities,...
We are the only criminal defense law firm that treats every client like our only client. Then the rest can remain. As diligent, aggressive, compassionate advocates, the team at the law office of Rosenberg | Perry & Associates, LLC, represents clients in Mount Holly, New Jersey, in matters of criminal defense. Those who have been accused of committing a crime are welcome to schedule a free...
For more than 40 years, McOmber McOmber & Luber, P.C., of Red Bank, New Jersey, has provided skilled and dedicated legal guidance to businesses, individuals, public institutions, and non-profit organizations. Our attorneys are equipped to handle the most demanding and complex legal matters including those involving business law, collections, employment law, personal injury, zoning issues,...
At the Union-based law firm of Schwartz, Barkin & Mitchell, all of our attorneys have nearly 30 years of legal experience. While this fact is impressive in itself, the fact that they have more than 170 years of combined experience is what leads clients from Union, Essex and Morris counties to our firm's door. Both individuals and businesses from throughout New Jersey's Skylands and Gateway...
Attorney Ty Hyderally founded our Montclair law firm, Hyderally & Associates, P.C., with the goal of offering New Jersey's workers high-quality legal representation and a goal of earning a reputation as one of the Northeast's leading employment law firms bringing numerous clients to our door each year for assistance with cases related to the following: Wage laws Discrimination Sexual...
Find A Trusted Education Lawyer
Education lawyers represent parents and their children in cases involving students' access to public school education, rights of special needs students under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), discrimination in education, and more. When you need help to make sure that your child receives an appropriate education, contacting an education law attorney near you is the first step.
Use the list of education law professionals that we've compiled to hire a local education law lawyer to help with the issues your child is facing at school.
What Can Special Education Lawyers Do?
Within the field of education law, there is a subset of special education attorneys who are primarily focused on fighting for special needs children and those with learning disabilities. These attorneys can:
- Build a case for your child's eligibility for an individualized education program (IEP).
- Guide you through the IEP meeting preparation process and potentially attend the IEP meeting with you.
- In some instances, attorneys may even participate in the IEP drafting process.
- Represent clients in due process hearings when disputes arise.
Education Lawyers Help With All Types Of Education Law Issues
In addition to offering legal advice about special education and general education law-related topics, education law attorneys answer detailed questions such as:
- What rules can school districts and school boards set regarding student safety and discipline?
- Are there different laws or regulations for how public schools and private schools in the United States can act toward students?
- Is there a difference in regulations that apply to higher education institutions compared to elementary schools, middle schools and high schools?
- Do public health issues (such as the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic) modify how schools can treat students? Do those issue change what options schools must offer, such as distance learning?
- How does Title IX protect against discrimination?
- Can an education lawyer help with civil rights issues?
- Can a lawyer attend a due process hearing?
- What options do I have if my child's right to free speech has been violated by a school or teacher?
How Do I Choose An Education Attorney?
Consider the following when speaking with any of the education attorneys listed in this lawyer directory:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information and speaking about your child with them? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your child's problem?
- - How many years of experience does the lawyer have? Has the lawyer worked on other education law cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the law firm conveniently located for you and your child?