Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Crossville Education Lawyers - Tennessee
The law firm of Gilbert McWherter Scott Bobbitt PLC has a reputation as one of Tennessee's leading defenders of individuals. At our firm's four office locations, including our Chattanooga law office, from which we serve the people of East Tennessee, we work diligently to protect the rights of our clients. Thanks to our excellent reputation, the state's residents know to turn to us for assistance...
At the Law Office of Perry A. Craft, PLLC, in Nashville, Tennessee, our attorneys help visa holders, American citizens and their families pursue their individual goals as they pertain to immigration law. As a practice area that is always changing, matters of immigration require the skill and experience of an attorney experienced in handling the evolving legal landscape of U.S. immigration law....
Since the doors of our law firm, Gilbert McWherter Scott Bobbitt PLC, first opened, we have dedicated our efforts to protecting the rights of all Tennesseans. Thanks to our diligence, professionalism and determination, we now have four office locations in Tennessee, including our Nashville-area law office, located in Franklin. From this office, we serve clients from throughout Middle Tennessee who...
Find A Trusted Education Lawyer
Education lawyers represent parents and their children in cases involving students' access to public school education, rights of special needs students under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), discrimination in education, and more. When you need help to make sure that your child receives an appropriate education, contacting an education law attorney near you is the first step.
Use the list of education law professionals that we've compiled to hire a local education law lawyer to help with the issues your child is facing at school.
What Can Special Education Lawyers Do?
Within the field of education law, there is a subset of special education attorneys who are primarily focused on fighting for special needs children and those with learning disabilities. These attorneys can:
- Build a case for your child's eligibility for an individualized education program (IEP).
- Guide you through the IEP meeting preparation process and potentially attend the IEP meeting with you.
- In some instances, attorneys may even participate in the IEP drafting process.
- Represent clients in due process hearings when disputes arise.
Education Lawyers Help With All Types Of Education Law Issues
In addition to offering legal advice about special education and general education law-related topics, education law attorneys answer detailed questions such as:
- What rules can school districts and school boards set regarding student safety and discipline?
- Are there different laws or regulations for how public schools and private schools in the United States can act toward students?
- Is there a difference in regulations that apply to higher education institutions compared to elementary schools, middle schools and high schools?
- Do public health issues (such as the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic) modify how schools can treat students? Do those issue change what options schools must offer, such as distance learning?
- How does Title IX protect against discrimination?
- Can an education lawyer help with civil rights issues?
- Can a lawyer attend a due process hearing?
- What options do I have if my child's right to free speech has been violated by a school or teacher?
How Do I Choose An Education Attorney?
Consider the following when speaking with any of the education attorneys listed in this lawyer directory:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information and speaking about your child with them? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your child's problem?
- - How many years of experience does the lawyer have? Has the lawyer worked on other education law cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the law firm conveniently located for you and your child?