Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Kite Education Lawyers - Georgia
The Goolsby Law Firm, LLC. is a general practice law firm located in the Augusta, Georgia metropolitan area. We are conveniently located at 233 Davis Road, Suite C, in Augusta, Georgia. The Goolsby Law Firm, LLC. strives to give careful personal service and attention to the legal needs of all our clients in the Augusta, Georgia area, whether it be family law, divorce, adoption, accident, personal...
At Alex M. Brown Law, LLC, in Evans, Georgia, we offer a full range of legal services aimed at helping you protect yourself and your family during some of life's most difficult and serious legal challenges. Serving clients throughout the Augusta metro region, Columbia and Richmond counties, and all of the surrounding areas, attorney Alex M. Brown possesses extensive experience in a variety of...
Serving clients throughout Butts County and the rest of the state, the attorneys at the Smith Welch Webb & White law firm in Jackson, Georgia, deliver effective, professional legal counsel in a wide range of practice areas. As one of the largest general practice firms on the south side of Atlanta, our law firm can handle the demands of any client's case regardless of the challenges or...
As the largest general practice law firm on Atlanta's south side, Smith Welch Webb & White offers high-quality representation for virtually any legal issue our clients may have. From our law office in Barnesville, Georgia, our attorneys serve clients throughout Lamar County and across the state who have legal needs involving any of the following practice areas: General civil litigation...
The law firm of Smith Welch Webb & White offers comprehensive legal services in many different practice areas in order to meet the demands of a diverse range of clients. Our law firm has six office locations surrounding the southern part of the Atlanta metro area, making us one of the largest general practice firms in the region. From our office in McDonough, Georgia, our attorneys serve...
At the law firm of Smith Welch Webb & White, we provide high-quality representation in a variety of practice areas to help our clients with virtually any legal matter they may have. With six law offices located throughout the South Atlanta metro area, our law firm is one of the largest and most respected general legal practices in the region. Serving all of Henry County from our office in...
Attorney Nkoyo-Ene R. Effiong founded our Atlanta law office, The Effiong Firm LLC, in order to put her legal experience to work for individuals and corporate leaders in Fulton, DeKalb and Gwinnett counties who need the assistance of a legal professional. Since the establishment of our firm, Ms. Effiong has worked diligently to build a reputation as one of Georgia's most-promising young attorneys,...
Experienced attorney Raegan M. King founded her Atlanta law firm, The Law Office of Raegan M. King, A Limited Liability Company, nearly 10 years ago with the goal of providing a wide range of high-quality legal services to both individuals and business owners in Cobb and Cherokee counties and surrounding North Georgia. Today, thanks to her excellent reputation, clients from throughout the area...
O'Brien & Feiler is a Marietta, Georgia, law firm devoted to obtaining Social Security Disability, Supplemental Security Income and workers' compensation benefits for people throughout the state of Georgia. With over 25 years of experience, its attorneys know the law, know the government agencies and know the courts, all of which gives their clients a competitive edge when filing a claim or...
SR Law Group is a boutique law firm in Douglasville, Georgia focusing on Wills, Trust, Elder Law, Special Needs Planning and Adoptions (specifically with grandparents who are adopting a grandchild/minor). Nicola Robinson has been a Georgia resident since she was four. She received her law degree from Penn State Dickinson School of Law. She is a proud Douglass High School and Emory University...
Find A Trusted Education Lawyer
Education lawyers represent parents and their children in cases involving students' access to public school education, rights of special needs students under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), discrimination in education, and more. When you need help to make sure that your child receives an appropriate education, contacting an education law attorney near you is the first step.
Use the list of education law professionals that we've compiled to hire a local education law lawyer to help with the issues your child is facing at school.
What Can Special Education Lawyers Do?
Within the field of education law, there is a subset of special education attorneys who are primarily focused on fighting for special needs children and those with learning disabilities. These attorneys can:
- Build a case for your child's eligibility for an individualized education program (IEP).
- Guide you through the IEP meeting preparation process and potentially attend the IEP meeting with you.
- In some instances, attorneys may even participate in the IEP drafting process.
- Represent clients in due process hearings when disputes arise.
Education Lawyers Help With All Types Of Education Law Issues
In addition to offering legal advice about special education and general education law-related topics, education law attorneys answer detailed questions such as:
- What rules can school districts and school boards set regarding student safety and discipline?
- Are there different laws or regulations for how public schools and private schools in the United States can act toward students?
- Is there a difference in regulations that apply to higher education institutions compared to elementary schools, middle schools and high schools?
- Do public health issues (such as the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic) modify how schools can treat students? Do those issue change what options schools must offer, such as distance learning?
- How does Title IX protect against discrimination?
- Can an education lawyer help with civil rights issues?
- Can a lawyer attend a due process hearing?
- What options do I have if my child's right to free speech has been violated by a school or teacher?
How Do I Choose An Education Attorney?
Consider the following when speaking with any of the education attorneys listed in this lawyer directory:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information and speaking about your child with them? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your child's problem?
- - How many years of experience does the lawyer have? Has the lawyer worked on other education law cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the law firm conveniently located for you and your child?