Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Laurel Education Lawyers - Maryland
Since 1992, our dedicated team of lawyers has provided focused business law services at the Maryland corporate law firm of McMillan Metro, P.C. Founded on a client-first approach, our business attorneys communicate clearly with those we represent through each stage of the legal process. We take the time to talk to them and to discuss their specific needs, concerns and legal objectives, and our...
Debt can be crushing if it isn't handled properly, and bankruptcy law is complicated. At Gilman & Edwards LLC, we provide free case evaluations for individuals and businesses that are considering bankruptcy or looking for an alternate form of debt relief. We make sure that every client who walks through our office door walks out with a better understanding of their legal options so that they...
At some point in your life, you may find yourself in a situation that requires the services of a lawyer. At the law firm of Blackford & Flohr, LLC, in Severna Park, Maryland, our experienced attorneys take pride in guiding our clients through almost any situation life may offer. Our law firm provides legal services in most of the areas you are likely to need help, including: Criminal...
As an experienced Family Law attorney, Lisa has helped numerous clients in Maryland and the District of Columbia with their divorce and custody matters. Her practice includes representing clients in high-conflict divorces and custody cases, drafting and negotiating premarital and post-marital agreements, and handling post-divorce enforcement and custody modifications. Lisa brings her...
Founded in 1972, Lippman, Semsker & Salb, LLC, continues a long tradition of excellence. The firm offers civil litigation services focusing on meeting the needs that people face most frequently, especially employment law; wills, trusts & estates; and family law matters. We also have a well-developed practice serving gay and lesbian families. We take pride in our philosophy of...
When you are overwhelmed by debt and looking for relief, remember that filing bankruptcy is not your only option. With more than 35 years of combined legal experience, the lawyers at Gilman & Edwards LLC are skilled litigators with a repertoire of alternate resolutions for consumers and businesses considering bankruptcy. We serve clients throughout Maryland and the District of Columbia from...
The experienced attorneys at the law firm of Blackford & Flohr, LLC, in Towson, Maryland, take pride in advancing the interests of our clients to the fullest extent allowed by law. No matter what issue you are facing, call us for your initial consultation to discuss your case and answer your questions. Here are examples of the legal services we provide: Criminal law: When your liberty and your...
The Law Offices of Shipe & Bush, P.C., is an established legal practice in the Urbana/Frederick area and serves the surrounding Maryland communities. Our law firm is focused in two main areas of law, which include family law/military family law and consumer bankruptcy law. We are understanding and take an honest, straightforward approach to working with our clients. You can expect to get...
Find A Trusted Education Lawyer
Education lawyers represent parents and their children in cases involving students' access to public school education, rights of special needs students under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), discrimination in education, and more. When you need help to make sure that your child receives an appropriate education, contacting an education law attorney near you is the first step.
Use the list of education law professionals that we've compiled to hire a local education law lawyer to help with the issues your child is facing at school.
What Can Special Education Lawyers Do?
Within the field of education law, there is a subset of special education attorneys who are primarily focused on fighting for special needs children and those with learning disabilities. These attorneys can:
- Build a case for your child's eligibility for an individualized education program (IEP).
- Guide you through the IEP meeting preparation process and potentially attend the IEP meeting with you.
- In some instances, attorneys may even participate in the IEP drafting process.
- Represent clients in due process hearings when disputes arise.
Education Lawyers Help With All Types Of Education Law Issues
In addition to offering legal advice about special education and general education law-related topics, education law attorneys answer detailed questions such as:
- What rules can school districts and school boards set regarding student safety and discipline?
- Are there different laws or regulations for how public schools and private schools in the United States can act toward students?
- Is there a difference in regulations that apply to higher education institutions compared to elementary schools, middle schools and high schools?
- Do public health issues (such as the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic) modify how schools can treat students? Do those issue change what options schools must offer, such as distance learning?
- How does Title IX protect against discrimination?
- Can an education lawyer help with civil rights issues?
- Can a lawyer attend a due process hearing?
- What options do I have if my child's right to free speech has been violated by a school or teacher?
How Do I Choose An Education Attorney?
Consider the following when speaking with any of the education attorneys listed in this lawyer directory:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information and speaking about your child with them? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your child's problem?
- - How many years of experience does the lawyer have? Has the lawyer worked on other education law cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the law firm conveniently located for you and your child?