Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top North Granville, NY Elder Law Attorneys
Located in Liverpool, New York, Engel Law Offices offers comprehensive legal services to individuals, families and business owners across Onondaga County and the surrounding areas in order to help them with all of their most important and complex legal challenges. With a history that dates back to 1933, the law firm has become the trusted source for exceptional legal representation for residents...
My name is Herbert Forsmith and I founded my law firm, Herbert Forsmith, Attorney at Law, in order to provide assistance and support to those seeking Social Security Disability benefits and Supplemental Security Income. From my law office in Mahopac, New York, I represent clients throughout the Hudson Valley and the New York City metropolitan area as well as New Jersey and Connecticut. Obtaining...
Need help with an Elder Law matter?
You've come to the right place. As time passes, baby boomers face or will face a variety choices that have a legal impact. An elder law attorney can help you make the right decisions.
Use FindLaw to hire a local elder law attorney to help you with transactions involving elder care, social security disability, Medicare, retirement planning, assisted living arrangements, and estate planning, or with disputes like elder abuse and scams that target elderly victims.
Need an attorney in North Granville, New York?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a North Granville, New York attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.