Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Newton Employment Law -- Employer Lawyers - Iowa
At Belin McCormick, we provide the highest caliber of legal services to business entities, public institutions and individuals based in Iowa and throughout the nation. We provide complete legal services to businesses of all sizes in a broad range of industries, including numerous Fortune 500 companies. In many instances, we have represented a client as it progressed from a family-owned startup to...
Long & Gilliam is an association of Iowa lawyers and sole practitioners Scott Long and James Gilliam. Together, they have over fifty years of legal experience representing individuals, as well as public and private companies, in business and commercial litigation disputes and in employment and labor matters. Scott and James have both been listed in Best Lawyers in America - Scott for...
Roxanne Conlin has her own law firm in Des Moines Roxanne Conlin has her own law firm in Des Moines, where she exclusively represents people who have been harmed by others, whether by discrimination, products, doctors or vehicles. She entered Drake University in 1961, when she was only 16, and graduated from law school with honors five years later at the age of 21. From 1969 to 1976, she was an...
At the personal injury litigation and general law firm of Ball, Kirk & Holm, P.C., we have been providing legal services to the Cedar Valley area since the mid-1970s. Our first office was located in the Waterloo Building, in downtown Waterloo, Iowa. Success led to the need for more space, so in 1981 we moved to our current location on the south side of Waterloo, at 3324 Kimball Avenue. Our...
Need help with an Employment Law matter?
You've come to the right place. If you are an employer who has been sued by a former or current employee, or want to establish employment policies to prevent situations that may result in a lawsuit, an employment lawyer can help.
Use FindLaw to hire a local employment law lawyer for employers to help you prevent or resolve employment issues relating to employee benefits, and workplace safety.
Need an attorney in Newton, Iowa?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Newton, Iowa attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.