Nassau County, NY: Estate Planning Lawyers, Attorneys and Law Firms
At Cobert, Haber & Haber Attorneys at Law in Garden City, New York, we handle a range of civil and criminal issues. Our law office excels in: Family law: Divorce, custody, visitation and child support Personal injury: Car accidents and serious injury Estate planning: Probate, estate administration, wills and trusts Corporate law: Contracts, transactions and litigation Criminal law: Defense in...
Attorney Valerie A. Shivers founded the Law Offices of Valerie A. Shivers, to provide residents of Suffolk quality legal advice and service in a wide range of practice areas. With her associate attorneys, Phillip K. Vacchio and William Blum and supporting staff, the Law Offices of Valerie A. Shivers offers clients dedicated, professional advice and representation in the following legal practice...
A comprehensive list of estate planning services is addressed at The Law Office of Joseph Marino, P.C. We are highly dedicated to providing families in West Sayville, New York, with exemplary customer service, which includes going above and beyond the initial planning and drafting steps. Our service area extends to clients in Sayville, throughout Suffolk and Nassau counties, the South Shore and...
My name is Akiva Shapiro, and I established my law firm, Akiva Shapiro Law, PLLC, in Old Bethpage, New York, in order to help individuals and families throughout my community protect themselves, their assets and their heirs for the future. Serving all of Nassau and Suffolk counties as well as the rest of Long Island, my law firm and I provide the personalized assistance and effective solutions my...
Need help with Estate Planning?
You've come to the right place. Estate planning lawyers help people write instructions for the future handling of their property, finances, healthcare, and the future support and care of their loved ones.
Use FindLaw to hire a local estate planning lawyer near you to establish a guardianship, draft documents like wills, trusts, and durable power of attorney for healthcare.
Need an attorney in Nassau County, New York?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Nassau County, New York attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located near you?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.