Surry County, NC: Family Law Lawyers, Attorneys and Law Firms
When I founded my Winston-Salem law firm, Dylan W. Greenwood, Attorney at Law, I did so because I wanted to protect clients living in North Carolina's Piedmont Triad region from suffering serious consequences for simple mistakes. I, like everyone else, know that mistakes happen — my job is to prevent them from costing you in the future. As a criminal defense lawyer, I have had countless clients...
Schmitz Law, P.C., is a local family law firm committed to providing the highest caliber of legal representation with an ethical and client-focused approach. Located in Winston Salem, North Carolina, we protect individuals and families in divorce, child custody and visitation, and other family law issues throughout the Triad. At Schmitz Law, P.C., we believe in building relationships with our...
Need help with a Family Law matter?
You've come to the right place. Whether you are a parent, child, single, or married a family law attorney can help.
Family Law attorneys assist in situations like parents with juvenile issues, children seeking emancipation, singles with cohabitation and prenuptial agreements before marriage, and spouses or ex-spouses.
Use FindLaw to hire a local family law attorney near you to help you resolve your domestic legal issues.
Need an attorney in Surry County, North Carolina?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Surry County, North Carolina attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located near you?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.