Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Dahlonega Foreclosure & Alternatives Lawyers - Georgia
The attorneys at the law firm of Akin, Webster & Matson, P.C., in Macon, Georgia, have extensive experience helping people obtain debt relief under the Bankruptcy Code. Our lawyers, Danny Akin, Joy Webster and Rob Matson, have 80 years of combined experience handling consumer bankruptcy cases. Rob Matson is board-certified in consumer bankruptcy law by the American Board of Certification. As...
When you need the best representation available for an immigration matter or a bankruptcy, come to A. Brooke Jennings, PC, in Augusta, Georgia. I have years of experience in both these often complicated and confusing areas of the law, and I stand ready, willing and able to assist my clients through every step of the process. My law firm handles all manner of immigration issues for my clients,...
The law firm of Steven Harrell, Attorney at Law, in Perry, Georgia, provides capable, affordable legal counsel to clients in Middle Georgia seeking financial relief through bankruptcy. I have filed hundreds of Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy petitions on behalf of my clients, many of whom have been able to reestablish credit and restore financial security when out from under the burden of...
Are you facing Foreclosure?
You've come to the right place. If you're facing foreclosure or think you may default on your mortgage, an experienced foreclosure lawyer can help you.
Foreclosure alternatives may include loan modification, short sale, forbearance, reinstatement, and repayment plans.
Use FindLaw to hire a local foreclosure lawyer to help you determine the best course of action to take.
Need an attorney in Dahlonega, Georgia?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Dahlonega, Georgia attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.