Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top West Haven Intellectual Property & Copyright Lawyers - Connecticut
Jacobs & Dow, LLC is a New Haven, CT law firm with a tradition rooted in the representation of people. We have a proud history of helping people recover damages for all types of personal injuries, for medical malpractice, and defending individuals against misdemeanor and felony criminal charges. Our attorneys also represent individuals and businesses in resolution of a broad range...
Successful Solutions for Challenging Legal Issues At Hurwitz Sagarin Slossberg & Knuff, a Connecticut general practice litigation firm, attorneys are respected for their record of resolving particularly challenging cases effectively and economically through the use of creative strategies. The firm's lawyers are accomplished and well recognized for their representation on behalf of clients in...
Raymond Law Group is a Glastonbury law firm with a state-wide civil litigation practice located just across the Connecticut River from downtown Hartford. The partners at Raymond Law Group have a depth of experience and expertise gained over 28 years of trial practice in state and federal courts in Connecticut and Massachusetts. Our experience teaches us that clients want good lawyers...
Our lawyers are dedicated to delivering "Results Oriented Legal Solutions," just as we have been since we started practicing law together in 1992. We are business lawyers. Business formations, mergers and acquisitions. Real estate and finance. Commercial and complex litigation. Business reorganizations under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankrupty Code and...
Need help with Intellectual Property & Copyright Law?
You've come to the right place. If you have created something new -- whether it is artistic or scientific -- and you wish to protect your rights to your invention, an intellectual property lawyer can help.
Intellectual property lawyers also help you react to unauthorized use and misuse of your intellectual property in cases like copyright infringement.
Use FindLaw to hire a local intellectual property lawyer near you to help you proactively and reactively protect your intellectual property.
Need an attorney in West Haven, Connecticut?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a West Haven, Connecticut attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located near you?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.