Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Local Burnsville MN Landlord & Tenant Lawyers
Serving the Twin Cities metro, the law firm of Dougherty, Molenda, Solfest, Hills & Bauer P.A. offers legal representation for matters involving a long list of legal issues, including: • Business law (bankruptcy, banking and finance, organization, intellectual property, etc.) • Employment law (wrongful termination, wages, etc.) • Estate planning, wills and trusts, and elder law...
Practical advice, cost-effective solutions and a sophisticated team: That is what you can expect when working with BK Law Group in Bloomington, Minnesota. Our law firm handles business, real estate, contract, construction, and employment law cases that involve issues such as the following: • Real estate disputes • Contract disputes...
Having served the Minneapolis, Minnesota, community for 25 years, Hellmuth & Johnson handles all aspects of corporate and business law. By any measure, our law firm is exceptional. Not only is our track record of success impressive, but we also have an excellent client retention and satisfaction. The recipe for this is simple: We provide people with top-of-the-line representation through clear...
For exceptional legal representation, you need not go downtown. You can get that quality from our attorneys right here in Shakopee, Scott County and surrounding communities. When you work with the lawyers of Jaspers, Moriarty & Wetherille PA, you work with a law firm that has been serving the community since 1970. Clients just like you from throughout the area look to us for the personalized...
Wilson Law Group began with one objective: to practice law with clarity and creativity. This goal inspired Wilson Law Group’s beginning, and it remains its purpose today. Wilson Law Group ensures clarity in all aspects of its relationship with its client. Our attorneys take the time to explain strategies without jargon or pretense. The relationship between Wilson Law...
Kennedy & Graven, Chartered, combines the tradition and history of two of the state's leading law firms in the fields of local government law, public finance, and development. LeFevere, Lefler, Kennedy, O'Brien, & Drawz, P.A., founded in 1958, and Holmes & Graven, Chartered, founded in 1973, combined their law practices in 1989. Since 1989, we have continued to build upon the firm's strong...
Neff Law Firm, P.A., was founded in 1986 and practices law in both state and federal courts. Neff Law Firm, P.A. has lawyers licensed to practice law in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and North Dakota. The firm's attorneys work in the areas of Employment law, Discrimination, Criminal Defense, Juvenile Law, Civil Litigation, Personal Injury, Bankruptcy, Real Estate , Probate, Family Law, and Business...
Twin Cities Lawyers With Minnesota Values Since 1981, the Maple Grove law firm of Henningson & Snoxell, Ltd., has been a diligent advocate of the rights and interests of clients throughout Minnesota. We are a general practice firm offering comprehensive legal services in a broad spectrum of practice areas. Our lawyers work together to provide knowledgeable counsel and focused representation in...
Guiding clients as they navigate some of the most difficult situations of their lives, we offer focused family law services at the law firm of Ryan, Brucker & Kalis, Ltd., in Aitkin, Minnesota. Providing creative solutions, our team works to understand each client's specific needs and concerns during a free initial consultation. We work with those we represent to craft plans that address their...
Rental Property Or Housing Issues? A Landlord/Tenant Lawyer Can Help.
Whether you are a renter who is leasing a house or apartment or a landlord who rents out real estate, there are a variety of reasons that you may need legal advice. A landlord/tenant attorney can help you analyze your situation, determine what your rights are, and make a well-informed decision about how to protect your interests.
We've created a list of trusted Burnsville landlord/tenant attorneys to help you find a lawyer who is the best fit for your situation.
Common Landlord/Tenant Issues In Burnsville, Minnesota
Legal issues related to real estate and the landlord/tenant relationship come in a variety of forms. In Minnesota, these often include:
- Landlord/tenant disputes, such as those related to rental rates, late or unpaid rent, security deposits, disagreements about the habitability of rental property, and other tenant rights and landlord rights issues.
- Eviction, either seeking to evict a tenant or helping a tenant fight eviction and stay in their home (especially during times where additional tenants' rights/renters' rights are in effect, such as the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic).
- Rental agreements and lease agreements, including initial drafting and review of rental contracts, updates to the terms of the lease, and other contract-related matters.
- Discrimination claims, including those related to housing discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, sex, religion, disability or other classification protected under the federal Fair Housing Act or other Minnesota laws or local ordinances.
- Commercial real estate matters, from negotiating an initial commercial lease to litigating business disputes related to the lease or other issues.
- Personal injury claims, if a property is not kept safe and in proper repair and someone is injured as a result.
- Addressing tangential issues for landlords, including business law and estate planning-related issues such as business succession planning, and protection of rental property assets in a divorce or other family law matter.
Contact the law firms listed here to discuss your landlord/tenant matters or any other legal issues that you are facing.
Questions To Ask A Landlord/Tenant Lawyer?
Here are a few questions that you can ask a landlord and tenant lawyer to help you determine whether you would like them to represent you:
- How many years of experience do you have?
- How many landlord/tenant cases have you handled?
- Do you represent landlords, tenants, or both?
- Where is your office in Burnsville located?
- Do you offer a free consultation? What are the fees and costs for your legal services?
- What are the next steps and what should I do?
Want To Check Lawyer Discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.