- 10 mi
- 30 mi
- 60 mi
More Lawyers Near You
Columbia Falls, MT Lawyers in Related Practice Areas:
Eminent DomainForeclosure & AlternativesReal EstatePremises Liability
Landlord & Tenant Lawyers in Cities Near Columbia Falls, MT
People Often Ask…
Whether you are a renter who is leasing a house or apartment or a landlord who rents out real estate, there are a variety of reasons that you may need legal advice. A landlord/tenant attorney can help you analyze your situation, determine what your rights are, and make a well-informed decision about how to protect your interests.
We've created a list of trusted Columbia Falls landlord/tenant attorneys to help you find a lawyer who is the best fit for your situation.
Legal issues related to real estate and the landlord/tenant relationship come in a variety of forms. In Montana, these often include:
- Landlord/tenant disputes, such as those related to rental rates, late or unpaid rent, security deposits, disagreements about the habitability of rental property, and other tenant rights and landlord rights issues.
- Eviction, either seeking to evict a tenant or helping a tenant fight eviction and stay in their home (especially during times where additional tenants' rights/renters' rights are in effect, such as the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic).
- Rental agreements and lease agreements, including initial drafting and review of rental contracts, updates to the terms of the lease, and other contract-related matters.
- Discrimination claims, including those related to housing discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, sex, religion, disability or other classification protected under the federal Fair Housing Act or other Montana laws or local ordinances.
- Commercial real estate matters, from negotiating an initial commercial lease to litigating business disputes related to the lease or other issues.
- Personal injury claims, if a property is not kept safe and in proper repair and someone is injured as a result.
- Addressing tangential issues for landlords, including business law and estate planning-related issues such as business succession planning, and protection of rental property assets in a divorce or other family law matter.
Contact the law firms listed here to discuss your landlord/tenant matters or any other legal issues that you are facing.
Here are a few questions that you can ask a landlord and tenant lawyer to help you determine whether you would like them to represent you:
- How many years of experience do you have?
- How many landlord/tenant cases have you handled?
- Do you represent landlords, tenants, or both?
- Where is your office in Columbia Falls located?
- Do you offer a free consultation? What are the fees and costs for your legal services?
- What are the next steps and what should I do?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.