Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Local Indianapolis IN Landlord & Tenant Lawyers
Here at Harwell Legal Counsel in Indianapolis, Indiana, we provide unmatched representation and support to clients throughout the greater Indianapolis metro region and surrounding areas who have legal needs involving any of the following: Criminal defense for DUI, theft and robbery, along with other felonies and misdemeanors, including traffic violations Post-conviction relief, expungements and...
The Hocker & Associates LLC law firm has two convenient locations in Indianapolis, Indiana, to provide legal services to a broader range of residents and an additional office in Greenwood, Indiana, we serve clients throughout the state who need high-quality legal services in the following practice areas: Real estate Criminal and DUI defense Family law and divorce Personal injury Business...
The law firm of Hocker & Associates LLC has two offices in Indianapolis, Indiana, to provide local residents convenient access to our high-quality legal services and an additional law office in Greenwood, Indiana, we represent clients throughout Indiana in a wide range of legal services related to the following practice areas: Family law and divorce Criminal and DUI defense Real estate...
Sean M. Clapp, LLC, is a small real estate law firm with a state-wide reputation. Our real estate and title insurance attorneys provide business and legal advice to clients in the Indianapolis metro area and across the state. Our clients include residential and commercial owners and contractors, buyers and sellers, landlords and tenants. Our principal attorney, Sean M. Clapp, is a lifelong...
Hocker & Associates LLC is a full-service law firm located in Greenwood, Indiana. Along with our two other office locations in Indianapolis, we provide high-quality legal representation and services to residents throughout Indiana in the following practice areas: Real estate Business law Personal injury Family law and divorce Criminal and DUI defense Immigration Special Needs Law Our founding...
The Adolf Law Office prides ourselves on helping you throughout the entire legal process. Whether you need financial relief or need help protecting your family rights, we are here to help. Anthony will properly evaluate your situation, and come up with a solution designed specifically for you. Contact us today....
With extensive experience and diversity in the practice of bankruptcy, family law, child custody and personal injury litigation, Golden Law provides clients with the personal attention, expertise and results expected of a seasoned litigator. Golden Law is dedicated to preparing and assisting clients with the most viable and practical legal representation possible, at affordable rates. We have been...
Rental Property Or Housing Issues? A Landlord/Tenant Lawyer Can Help.
Whether you are a renter who is leasing a house or apartment or a landlord who rents out real estate, there are a variety of reasons that you may need legal advice. A landlord/tenant attorney can help you analyze your situation, determine what your rights are, and make a well-informed decision about how to protect your interests.
We've created a list of trusted Indianapolis landlord/tenant attorneys to help you find a lawyer who is the best fit for your situation.
Common Landlord/Tenant Issues In Indianapolis, Indiana
Legal issues related to real estate and the landlord/tenant relationship come in a variety of forms. In Indiana, these often include:
- Landlord/tenant disputes, such as those related to rental rates, late or unpaid rent, security deposits, disagreements about the habitability of rental property, and other tenant rights and landlord rights issues.
- Eviction, either seeking to evict a tenant or helping a tenant fight eviction and stay in their home (especially during times where additional tenants' rights/renters' rights are in effect, such as the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic).
- Rental agreements and lease agreements, including initial drafting and review of rental contracts, updates to the terms of the lease, and other contract-related matters.
- Discrimination claims, including those related to housing discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, sex, religion, disability or other classification protected under the federal Fair Housing Act or other Indiana laws or local ordinances.
- Commercial real estate matters, from negotiating an initial commercial lease to litigating business disputes related to the lease or other issues.
- Personal injury claims, if a property is not kept safe and in proper repair and someone is injured as a result.
- Addressing tangential issues for landlords, including business law and estate planning-related issues such as business succession planning, and protection of rental property assets in a divorce or other family law matter.
Contact the law firms listed here to discuss your landlord/tenant matters or any other legal issues that you are facing.
Questions To Ask A Landlord/Tenant Lawyer?
Here are a few questions that you can ask a landlord and tenant lawyer to help you determine whether you would like them to represent you:
- How many years of experience do you have?
- How many landlord/tenant cases have you handled?
- Do you represent landlords, tenants, or both?
- Where is your office in Indianapolis located?
- Do you offer a free consultation? What are the fees and costs for your legal services?
- What are the next steps and what should I do?
Want To Check Lawyer Discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.