Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Pellston Legal Malpractice Lawyers - Michigan
Lawrence J. Acker is the sole shareholder of the firm. He concentrates his practice in the areas of legal Malpractice, medical malpractice and commercial litigation. Mr. Acker is an experienced trial attorney. He has been involved in trials in both Federal and State Courts, involving all of the issues which constitute his specialty area of practice. Mr. Acker has also conducted...
The Traverse City office of the law firm of Smith Haughey Rice & Roegge opened in 1990 with seven attorneys. Today, the office has quadrupled in size to include attorneys who practice a full range of legal services including business law, estate planning, family law, real estate law, and litigation. Situated in the heart of the business and shopping district of downtown Traverse City, Smith...
Hall & Bolles, P.C., in Mount Pleasant, Michigan, has established a reputation as a knowledgeable, versatile and respected law firm serving the needs of individual and business clients in Central Michigan. Our attorneys — Thomas W. Hall Jr., and Becky J. Bolles — have more than 70 years of combined professional, general practice experience in primary practice areas including family...
Need help with a Legal Malpractice matter?
You've come to the right place. If you believe your former attorney mishandled a case which negatively impacted your position in the outcome of the case, a legal malpractice attorney can help.
Use FindLaw to hire a local legal malpractice lawyer to help you sue a former attorney for malpractice based on issues like conflict of interest, ineffective assistance of counsel, and other attorney misconduct.
Need an attorney in Pellston, Michigan?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Pellston, Michigan attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.