Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Rochester Legal Malpractice Lawyers - New York
At Michael P. Stacy Attorney at Law, I assist people who are seeking Social Security Disability Insurance and workers’ compensation benefits. From my law office in Rochester, New York, I offer personalized services to enable people from the metro area to understand their rights and develop appropriate legal strategies. To ensure that I can give appropriate attention to each client, I deliberately...
Greater Buffalo's Top Choice For Comprehensive, Quality Legal Services With roots that date back to the 1920s, The Law Offices of Hall Ricketts Gurbacki, P.C., in East Aurora, New York, has served the residents and businesses of Cattaraugus, Chautauqua and Wyoming counties and the Greater Buffalo region for more than 80 years. Handling All Your Most Important Legal Needs During that time, the...
Gullo Law Office, John P. Gullo II, Attorney at Law, is located on Central Avenue in Fredonia, New York, directly across the street from SUNY Fredonia's Campus. Our office is located in the historic Otto Hakes House on the corner of Cottage Street. We are happy to take your call on any legal matter and, if necessary, refer you to other local attorneys that can serve your needs. For example, we do...
Need help with a Legal Malpractice matter?
You've come to the right place. If you believe your former attorney mishandled a case which negatively impacted your position in the outcome of the case, a legal malpractice attorney can help.
Use FindLaw to hire a local legal malpractice lawyer to help you sue a former attorney for malpractice based on issues like conflict of interest, ineffective assistance of counsel, and other attorney misconduct.
Need an attorney in Rochester, New York?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Rochester, New York attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.