- 10 mi
- 30 mi
- 60 mi
More Lawyers Near You
South Lake Tahoe, CA Lawyers in Related Practice Areas:
Auto Dealer FraudMotor Vehicle DefectsConsumer ProtectionDebtor & Creditor
Lemon Law Lawyers in Cities Near South Lake Tahoe, CA
People Often Ask…
You've come to the right place. If you recently purchased a new car, truck, RV, or boat and found that it has a serious defect or mechanical problem, a lemon law lawyer can help.
Lemon law lawyers assist with all aspects of a vehicle purchase -- from car buyer protection plans to extended car warranties -- and can identify your options.
Use FindLaw to hire a local lemon law lawyer to protect your rights against a vehicle's manufacture and dealer -- and potentially get a refund or replacement vehicle.
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a South Lake Tahoe, California attorney for legal advice.
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Many people who need to find a lawyer in California have never hired a lawyer before. Talking to a lawyer may be a new experience and you might want some help getting started. Here are some questions you may want to ask a lawyer before deciding who to hire.
- What is your main practice area?
- How many years of experience do you have in California with cases like mine?
- How often do you take cases to trial or settle them out of court?
- Can I take my case through mediation or arbitration?
- Do you offer a free consultation?
- What are your fees and costs?
- Will you be the attorney primarily handling my case?
- How will I be kept up-to-date about my case?
In order to practice law in California, attorneys have to both pass the California bar exam and be admitted by the State Bar of California. Most attorneys in California graduate from an accredited law school but some lawyers are admitted through on-the-job experience for a minimum of 4 years and through passing an additional legal exam. After a lawyer is admitted to law practice in California, they can practice in almost any area of law.
Lawyers in California are held to strict ethical guidelines known as the Rules of Professional Conduct. Attorneys may have duties and limitations in:
- Attorney-client confidentiality
- Duty of client advocacy
- Conflicts of interest
- Duty of candor
- Limitations in soliciting clients
- Restrictions on handling a client's money
Many people avoid calling a lawyer because they are worried it will be too expensive. In many cases, a lawyer can end up saving the client money. This includes getting an increased award, recovering additional damages, avoiding financial problems in the future, and avoiding future disputes and litigation. Some legal areas even allow the lawyer to recover legal fees from the party at fault.