Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Woodworth Litigation & Appeals Lawyers - Louisiana
Why is Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers the best option for you ? Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers has tried and settled many million and multi-million-dollar cases across Louisiana and Texas. Those cases involved people just like you. Most of our clients tell us, "I am not the kind of person that would normally file a lawsuit." Honest people are usually surprised when they are not...
McMichael, Medlin, D'Anna, Wedgeworth & Lafargue, L.L.C. is a full service law firm with a broad commercial, tax, succession, estate planning and litigation practice. Founded in February, 1999, the firm has earned a reputation in Shreveport, North Louisiana and the surrounding area for providing high quality, result oriented and efficient legal services. It was awarded, and has...
Need help with a Litigation & Appeals matter?
You've come to the right place. Whether you're filing a civil suit (plaintiff) or are being sued (defendant) or are appealing a previous judgment, a litigation and appeals lawyer can help.
Litigation & appeals lawyers handle a broad range of disputes arising in business, real estate, contracts, personal and commercial settings.
Use FindLaw to hire a local litigation and appeals lawyer to walk you through all phases of a lawsuit - from pre-trial through the appeals process.
Need an attorney in Woodworth, Louisiana?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Woodworth, Louisiana attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.