Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Franklin West Virginia Military Divorce Lawyers
People in Charles Town, West Virginia, who are facing criminal charges, filing for divorce or dealing with family law issues often need a reliable attorney. At the law office of Arnold & Bailey, we understand the stress that may come with these types of matters. Our team of professionals acts as advocates to clients throughout Morgan, Berkeley and Jefferson counties who need help through legal...
At the law office of Hayden and Associates in Beckley, West Virginia, we are fully committed to helping you protect your rights and interests and achieve the personally favorable outcomes you deserve for the serious and sensitive legal issues affecting your life, your family and your future. Serving Raleigh County and the entire southern region of our state, we strive to provide the highest level...
Since 1995, Herrenkohl Law Office has provided top-quality legal services to individuals and businesses in Barboursville, Beckley, and the surrounding area. Our experience is effective, friendly, and second to none. Herrenkohl Law Office provides legal services in Southern West Virginia and Ohio. Our Law Office in Beckley Focuses on Your Priorities The legal system can be complicated and...
Guiding people and families in Charleston, West Virginia, through some of the most stressful and upsetting experiences of their lives, the Law Office Of Scott E. Elswick offers dedicated family law representation. Passionate about helping those he represents to resolve their legal issues and move forward with their lives, Mr. Elswick serves clients living throughout Kanawha County. For the...
Facing Military Divorce?
You’ve come to the right place. Divorce involving a military spouse can be more complicated than divorce for civilians, an experienced military divorce attorney can help.
Use FindLaw to hire a local military divorce lawyer to work with you on issues like community property division, debt allocation, military retirement plan divisions, military benefit divisions, child custody and support, alimony, and tax considerations.
Need an attorney in Franklin, West Virginia?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Franklin, West Virginia attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.