Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Lakota North Dakota Military Divorce Lawyers
A major life change such as a divorce can be an extremely stressful time. When you find yourself facing issues in family law, you need an experienced attorney on your side to help you make the right choices for your future. At Melinda Weerts Law, PLLC, in Fargo, North Dakota, we know how difficult of a time this can be for you. Our attorneys are here to provide you with the information and...
There is no substitute for experienced legal counsel when it comes to your family or estate. The attorney you choose to represent you should not gloss over your personal and financial challenges, nor should he or she draw you into excessive legal proceedings. At Brazil Law office PLLC, our clients are our priority. Our job is to make sure their voices are heard, that they get clear...
Facing Military Divorce?
You’ve come to the right place. Divorce involving a military spouse can be more complicated than divorce for civilians, an experienced military divorce attorney can help.
Use FindLaw to hire a local military divorce lawyer to work with you on issues like community property division, debt allocation, military retirement plan divisions, military benefit divisions, child custody and support, alimony, and tax considerations.
Need an attorney in Lakota, North Dakota?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Lakota, North Dakota attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.