Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Monroe Louisiana Military Divorce Lawyers
At the Law Offices of J. Dhu Thompson, our clients in Shreveport, Louisiana, rely on us to successfully handle a wide range of legal services, including criminal defense, personal injury and family law. With more than 100 jury trials under our belt, we are well-prepared to vigorously defend clients' disputes in court, as well as to navigate successful outcomes through alternative dispute...
Located in Shreveport, Louisiana, the law firm of Rachel D. Wortham, Attorney at Law LLC, provides exceptional representation in all areas of family law in order to help you with the serious and sensitive legal issues affecting you and your loved ones. Serving clients throughout the greater Shreveport/Bossier City metro region and the surrounding parishes, attorney Rachel D. Wortham has more than...
Here at the law office of Kammer & Huckabay in Shreveport, Louisiana, we provide exceptional representation and support in a variety of legal practice areas. We are here to help you face your challenges head-on and increase your chances of obtaining the favorable outcomes you seek for all the criminal and civil matters affecting virtually every aspect of your life, including your family, your...
Facing Military Divorce?
You’ve come to the right place. Divorce involving a military spouse can be more complicated than divorce for civilians, an experienced military divorce attorney can help.
Use FindLaw to hire a local military divorce lawyer to work with you on issues like community property division, debt allocation, military retirement plan divisions, military benefit divisions, child custody and support, alimony, and tax considerations.
Need an attorney in Monroe, Louisiana?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Monroe, Louisiana attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.