Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Portland Personal Injury -- Defense Lawyers - Oregon
When people need comprehensive legal representation for injuries due to an accident or negligence, Russell & Hill, PLLC, is there to help. We assist clients in Portland, Oregon, in pursuing compensation for hospitalization, medication, lost wages, psychological trauma and all future costs associated with recovery. Additionally, we offer niche support for victims of catastrophic brain and birth...
When people in Portland, Oregon, need broad yet focused legal counsel, they turn to Cosgrave Vergeer Kester LLP. From our law firm, we help clients handle everything from business and commercial litigation to personal injury and property damage liability. With more than 81 years of experience advocating for individuals and organizations of all backgrounds, our attorneys are invaluable assets in...
At Cosgrave Vergeer Kester LLP, our law firm has successfully been able to represent clients in Bend, Oregon, using many different approaches to conflict resolution. Arbitration and mediation are two of our attorneys’ main strengths, regardless of the circumstances involved. We regularly seek to find peaceful agreements to legal disputes, whether we are handling a taxation case or real...
Need help defending a Personal Injury claim?
You've come to the right place. Whether you were the cause of a car accident, the owner of a building where someone slipped and fell, or a physician being sued for medical malpractice, a personal injury defense lawyer can help.
A personal injury defense lawyer can work with you to identify which defenses apply.
Use FindLaw to hire a local personal injury defense lawyer to help you challenge physical or nonphysical injury claims or decrease the amount of damages for which you may be liable.
Need an attorney in Portland, Oregon?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Portland, Oregon attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.