Nassau County, NY: Probate & Estate Administration Lawyers, Attorneys and Law Firms
New York Attorney Attorneys at the law offices of Joseph A. Ledwidge, P.C. provide clients throughout the Five Boroughs with the support and guidance they need to navigate the often complicated and emotional aspects of estate planning and family law matters. Our range of services includes handling probate, wills, estate litigation, divorce, child custody, and other estate planning and domestic...
Attorney Valerie A. Shivers founded the Law Offices of Valerie A. Shivers, to provide residents of Suffolk quality legal advice and service in a wide range of practice areas. With her associate attorneys, Phillip K. Vacchio and William Blum and supporting staff, the Law Offices of Valerie A. Shivers offers clients dedicated, professional advice and representation in the following legal practice...
At Cobert, Haber & Haber Attorneys at Law in Garden City, New York, we handle a range of civil and criminal issues. Our law office excels in: Family law: Divorce, custody, visitation and child support Personal injury: Car accidents and serious injury Estate planning: Probate, estate administration, wills and trusts Corporate law: Contracts, transactions and litigation Criminal law: Defense in...
Need help with a Probate & Estate Administration matter?
You've come to the right place. If you are the executor of an estate, a probate & estate administration attorney can help.
Probate & estate administration attorneys handle succession issues and can help you navigate court processes, payment of the deceased person's debts, distribution of property according to the will or estate plan, and probate litigation.
Use FindLaw to hire a local probate & estate administration lawyer to ensure that the estate is administered and probated according to probate law.
Need an attorney in Nassau County, New York?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Nassau County, New York attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located near you?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.