Top Westmont, IL Science & Technology Lawyers
With a strong focus on Internet, technology, and cutting-edge law, Mudd Law Offices serves domestic and international individuals, commercial entities, and non profit organizations in a wide-range of substantive areas. The Firm represents its clients in disputes and litigation (both civil and commercial), intellectual property, and transactional or contract work. Within its Internet and technology...
ASG Law Firm in Chicago, Illinois, provides exceptional counsel, advocacy and support to a wide range of clients throughout the area who have serious and pressing legal challenges involving any of the following: • Technology and intellectual property, including cybersecurity, data privacy, software licensing, patents and other protections for entrepreneurs and businesses • General...
As a business owner, you need an attorney who listens to you and provides cost-effective advice on how you can protect your intellectual property and grow your established business or start-up. At Chicago-based Balough Law Offices, we work to enhance the value of our clients’ products and services through trademarks, licensing, copyrights, and trade secrets protection. We assist...
Edelson PC is a nationally recognized leader in plaintiffs' class and mass action litigation. In addition to our cutting-edge privacy cases, we work with a variety of governmental entities in helping shape federal, state, and local legislation, as well as representing them in actions they bring on behalf of their constituents. Recently, we were recognized by Law360 as the only plaintiff’s...
Need help with a Science & Technology matter?
You've come to the right place. If you or your business conducts research in the sciences or has developed technology and you need information about legal implications of your work, a science and technology lawyer can help.
Use FindLaw to hire a local science & technology lawyer to help you prevent or resolve legal issues related to life sciences, biotechnology, computers and information technology, genetic research and engineering, and nanotechnology.
Need an attorney in Westmont, Illinois?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Westmont, Illinois attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.