Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Fulton Social Security Lawyers - New York
The Koldin Law Center, P.C., was established in 1964 by founding attorney Leonard C. Koldin who began his work handling Medicaid cases as the former Chief Welfare Attorney for Onondaga County. His experience as chief welfare attorney made him a trusted authority on asset protection for elderly residents in New York, which has set the bar for our staff and lawyers to this day. At our law firm, we...
At Michael P. Stacy Attorney at Law, I assist people who are seeking Social Security Disability Insurance and workers’ compensation benefits. From my law office in Rochester, New York, I offer personalized services to enable people from the metro area to understand their rights and develop appropriate legal strategies. To ensure that I can give appropriate attention to each client, I deliberately...
As advocates of the injured, our team at The Law Office of James Ratchford steers people through the Social Security Disability process. We support clients in Buffalo, New York, through providing written and oral services in hearings and, if necessary, appealing an unfavorable decision. From the moment we have a free initial consultation with clients, we are committed to standing by their side....
Need help with Social Security?
You’ve come to the right place. If you or a family member is seeking social security payments, then contacting an experienced social security lawyer may help. Social security is a long established program that pays retired workers over the age of 65 a continuing income after retirement.
Use FindLaw to hire a local social security lawyer whether you’re looking to retire early and need social security help, seeking delayed retirement, or have other questions about social security.
Need an attorney in Fulton, New York?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Fulton, New York attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.