Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Fair Haven Wills Lawyers - Vermont
Facing a serious legal matter can be at once frightening and debilitating. Sharing that problem with the right attorney can help you return to a place of peace and clarity so that you can move to deal with the problem effectively. In the best of all worlds, you may learn that what you perceived to be a serious problem is one that can be dealt with and resolved. There is no problem for which there...
Founded in 1913, Donovan O'Connor & Dodig, LLP, has grown to become one of the largest law firms in Western Massachusetts. Our success rests on our strong commitment to getting results for our clients — and the attentive service we provide. Quality Legal Solutions Donovan O'Connor & Dodig, LLP, is a general law practice providing advice, services and representation in a wide range of...
Kirkpatrick & Goldsborough, PLLC, is a full-service law firm in South Burlington, Vermont. With a team of five attorneys, including partners Mary Kirkpatrick and Richard Goldsborough, our firm provides clients in Burlington and surrounding areas with professional, high-caliber legal counsel in the following areas: Personal injury Criminal defense Divorce and family law Estate planning Business...
Montroll, Backus & Oettinger, P.C. - Burlington, Vermont, Family Law, Criminal Defense And Business Law Attorneys Located in Burlington, Montroll, Backus & Oettinger, P.C., is a general practice law firm providing a broad range of transactional and litigation services for clients throughout Chittenden County and the surrounding counties in northwestern Vermont. Backed by...
Need help with a Will?
You've come to the right place. If you want your property to go to specific people after you die, to name who will be responsible for making sure your wishes are carried out, or to avoid probate, a wills lawyer can help.
Use FindLaw to hire a local wills lawyer near you to prepare a will tailored to your circumstances like living wills -- also known as an advance directive or medical power of attorney -- last will and testaments, and joint or reciprocal wills.
Need an attorney in Fair Haven, Vermont?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Fair Haven, Vermont attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located near you?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.