Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Bradford Wrongful Termination Lawyers - Maine
For more than 30 years, the attorneys at Gilbert & Greif, P.A. have assisted individuals in Bangor and throughout Maine with their most pressing legal matters. We specialize in personal injury and employment law, and our approach is collaborative. To best serve our clients, it is important to us that we come to know them personally. In matters of personal injury, our lawyers provide...
Protecting the rights of wronged workers I provide dedicated employment and labor law representation to people in Portland, Maine, at Sally A. Morris Attorney at Law, LLC. My law office is founded on the belief that no one should have to endure discrimination, harassment or other such wrongdoing in the workplace. I have more than 25 years of legal experience and have represented clients in state...
Speak With A Wrongful Termination Lawyer If You Were Fired In Bradford, Maine
If you were fired and believe that your termination was illegal, an employment attorney who handles wrongful termination cases in Bradford may be able to help.
Employment lawyers protect the rights of people who have been fired in a variety of ways. They handle wrongful termination lawsuits, file complaints with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and related state-level organizations and provide trusted advice to those who need it the most.
We've put together a list of lawyers and law firms in your area so that you can get the legal advice you need to pursue your wrongful termination claim.
Types Of Wrongful Termination
A lawyer can help you determine if your firing was allowed under the law, or whether it violated federal laws, Maine laws or local ordinances related to:
- Discriminatory reasons, including employment discrimination based on race, color, national origin, age, sex (including issues related to pregnancy and sexual orientation), religious beliefs or disability status.
- Retaliation for taking medical leave (including leave related to COVID-19/coronavirus), reporting sexual harassment, seeking workers' compensation benefits, being a whistleblower or helping with whistleblowing activities, or filing a personal injury claim or pursuing other legal issues against the company or its employees.
- Breaking an employment contract or violation of an employment agreement.
- Other illegal reasons for termination that run counter to public policy and Maine law.
An attorney can help you sort through these and other potential causes of your wrongful termination, as well as stand up for your rights if your former employer claims that you were let go for allowable reasons such as being an at-will employee.
What Questions Should I Ask A Wrongful Termination Lawyer?
Not sure what to ask a wrongful termination attorney? Here are a few sample questions to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many employment law cases have you handled?
- How much does a wrongful termination case cost?
- Where is your law office in Bradford located?
- What are the next steps?
Want To Check Lawyer Discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.